LIVE | Gujarat election result news: BJP looks set to once again win the Gujarat assembly elections 2017, if early leads are to be believed. The early leads show BJP is already ahead on 95 seats, while the Congress trails at 84. The numbers are changing very rapidly and it may end up surprising both parties as the counting continues. Early leads however, may end up surprising both parties. In Himachal Pradesh, BJP is way ahead of Congress as per early leads.
Here are Gujarat election result news live updates:
– BJP leads in 94 Assembly seats, Congress in 64, and others in 5, according to trends available for 163 seats in Gujarat. Stocks went into a tailspin right at the start today after early trend suggested that the BJP and the Congress are locked in a tight race to win Gujarat.
- Early leads show Congress ahead on 88 seats, while the BJP is ahead on 78 seats.
- Early trends of Gujarat election effects market, Sensex down by 600.51 points, currently at 32,862.46. Nifty at 10,134.35.
- Earlier, Gujarat’s ruling BJP said it was confident of retaining power in the state as vote count showed its candidates were racing ahead in 82 of the 182 Assembly seats.
- Candidates of the Congress, which had pledged to end the Bharatiya Janata Party’s rule of Gujarat since 1995, were ahead in 52 constituencies, counting trends indicated less than an hour after the vote count began at 8 a.m.
- “We are going to form a government in Gujarat. People have voted for us on development issues,” BJP leader Shahnawaz Hussain told the media.
- It was the first Assembly election in Gujarat since Narendra Modi became the Prime Minister in 2014. Modi had led the BJP to victory in the election in 2012.