Hardik Patel told voters in Surat not to vote either for the BJP, NCP or AAP, but vote for “a party that would form the government”.
PAAS chief Hardik Patel has so far made so many startling claims, alleging BJP-linked people of trying to bribe him. Now, Hardik Patel has alleged that he was offered Rs 5 crore by a businessman to skip Sunday’s rally in Surat. Hardik made this comment while speaking at the rally. The Patidar leader said that he was offered Rs 5 crore to remain absent from the rally. He claimed that a Surat businessman called him and offered the money. He further claimed that whopping 13 lakh people participated in the roadshow. Hardik’s claim of receiving monetary offers are not new. Earlier, Hardik had said that BJP leaders offered him Rs 1 crore to join the saffron brigade. Addressing a presser, he showed to media Rs 10 lakh cash that BJP had allegedly given him, with the promise of giving another Rs 90 lakh on Monday.
In his other important comments during the rally, Hardik told voters in Surat not to vote either for the BJP, NCP or AAP, but vote for “a party that would form the government”. Remarkably, 16 seats of Surat city and district will see the maximum number of NCP candidates in any one district at nine, thus leading to a three-way fight. Hardik said that BJP feels there is no other option for Patidars. He said that the Congress is afraid as even after huge meetings by Patidars here in 2007 (of the rebel Maha Gujarat Janata Parishad launched by Gordhan Zadaphia), and in 2012 (by Keshubhai Patel’s Gujarat Parivartan Party) there was no translation into votes. Patel administered an oath to youths seated on the ground in Yogi Chowk that they will not forgive those who had killed 14 Patidar youths, “will not be lured by the BJP leaders” and will “reach the polling station in the morning and will not vote for the BJP”. They also took pledge to inform their family members and friends to go to the polling station in time to exercise their voting rights, but not to vote for the BJP.
Meanwhile, in another trouble for Hardik, National Commission for Women (NCW) has said its chairperson Rekha Sharma would meet the woman who was allegedly being sexually exploited by Patidar quota stir leader Hardik Patel. “A team from the NCW, with chairperson Rekha Sharma, will be heading to Surat tonight to meet a girl who, according to a complaint received by the NCW, is being sexually exploited by Hardik Patel,” a statement said. The rights body said the complainant in the case was not the victim, however, she was willing to speak to the officials of the NCW.
“The complaint contains personal information about a girl who wishes to talk to the commission confidentially as she is scared to come forward. Rekha Sharma will talk to the media once the team has spoken to the girl and investigated the matter thoroughly,” the statement said.