Study from Home initiative by Modi government: Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman today announced that top 100 universities of the countries will be automatically allowed to start online education courses by May 30, 2020.
Study from Home initiative by Modi government: Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman today announced that top 100 universities of the countries will be automatically allowed to start online education courses by May 30, 2020. She made several announcements for the education sector. Sitharaman also said that Swayam Prabha DTH channels were launched to support and reach those who do not have access to the internet. Now 12 more channels will be added. The finance minister announced several new initiatives that will be started by the government in the education sector to promote “technology-driven education with equity post-COVID.”.
Sitharaman said that the government will launch PM eVIDYA- A programme for multi-mode access to digital/online
education to be launched immediately. These will have several components including online education by universities and TV channels for class 1-12.
The key announcements by Sitharaman are:
– Top 100 universities will be permitted to automatically start online courses by May 30, 2020.
– Special e-content for visually and hearing impaired
– Extensive use of Radio, Community radio and podcasts.
– One earmarked channel per class from 1to 12 (one class, one channel)
– DIKSHA for school education in states/UTs: e-content and QR coded Energized Textbooks for all grades (one nation, one digital platform).
– New national curriculum and pedagogical framework for school, early childhood and teachers will be launched; integrated with global and 21st-century skill requirements.
– National Foundational Literacy and Numeracy Mission for ensuring that every child attains Learning levels and outcomes in grade 5 by 2020 will be launched by December 2020.
– Manodarpan- An initiative for psychosocial support of students, teachers and families for mental health and emotional wellbeing to be launched immediately.
The finance minister also listed various steps taken during the lockdown:
– SWAYAM PRABHA DTH channels to support and reach those who do not have access to the internet. 3 channels were already earmarked for school education; now another 12 channels to be added.
– Provision made for telecast of live interactive sessions on these channels with experts from home through Skype.
– Also tied up with private DTH operators like Tata Sky & Airtel to air educational video content to enhance the reach of these channels.
– Coordination with States of India to share air time (4 hrs daily) on the SWAYAM PRABHA channels to telecast their education related contents.
– DIKSHA platform has had 61 crore hits from 24th March till date
– 200 new textbooks added to e-Paathshaala