CBSE NEET 2018 application form notification: Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Thursday announced the notification for National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) undergraduate examination while the application process started today. Candidates who wish to apply must visit the official website cbseneet.nic.in. Interestingly, the education body has made it compulsory for students to submit their Aadhaar number for NEET. Aadhaar has been made compulsory for all candidates except for students applying from Assam, Jammu and Kashmir and Meghalaya. The online application process will last until March 10 and the exam is scheduled to take place on May 6.
As per the notification, the application fee for general candidates is Rs 1400 while for candidates of SC/ST/PH category the application fee is Rs 750.
Here is the NEET 2018 exam pattern:
The exam will be for a duration of 3 hours starting from 10 am to 1 pm. The exam will have 180 multiple choice questions from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology).
ALSO READ| NEET 2018 application form
Here is the NEET 2018 Eligibility:
– Candidates 17 or above at the time of admission can apply of the course. The upper age limit for candidates is 25 years with a relaxation of five years for candidates belonging to SC/ST and OBC categories and persons entitled to reservation.
– Students who have passed with a minimum of 50 percent in PCB and English will be eligible.
– Candidates belonging to SC/ ST and OBC category who have obtained 40 per cent marks in physics, chemistry and biology/ biotechnology together will be eligible.
Seats classified in NEET 2018 are:
1) All India Quota seats
2) State Government Quota seats
3) Central Institutions/Universities/Deemed Universities
4) State/Management/NRI Quota Seats in Private Medical / Dental Colleges or any Private University