JEE Main 2018: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is all set to conduct the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) mains test in the month of April next year. JEE are conducted annually to select students for admission to Undergraduate Engineering Programmes in NITs, IIITs and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions across the country. The examinations are held in two stages – JEE main which is conducted by the CBSE and JEE advanced which is held by a different IIT every year. Candidates who successfully qualify the Main examination get to appear for the JEE (Advanced) through which candidates can get admission to premeire engineering institutes in the country like the IITs and NITs. Here are the five things you need to know about the JEE exams:
After clearing the JEE mains and advanced papers, the candidates will be able to get admission in Bachelor of Technology (BTech), Bachelor of Engineering (BE) and Bachelor of Architecture (BArch) courses at Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT), National Institutes of Technology (NITs) and Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs) across India.
- Candidates need to score at least 75 per cent in their class 12 board examinations or be in the top 20 percentile of their Boards to be eligible for JEE main or advanced.
- For candidates of the SC and ST categories, this has been lowered to 65 per cent.
- JEE advanced further requires that the candidates score high in JEE main and rank among the top 2,24,000 candidates.
- JEE main exam – April 8, 2018
- JEE advanced paper – Expected to be held on May 20.
This year the entire JEE Advanced exam will be conducted in a computer-based test mode.
The examination will consist of two papers— Paper 1 and Paper 2— and each of the papers will be held for a three hours duration.
- The full notification for the JEE Mains examination 2018 is yet to be released on the official website by CBSE.
- Students who are likely to appear for the exam next year can start their preparations for the exam on the basis of last year’s syllabus.
- According to latest reports, the official website of Joint Engineering Examination (JEE) Advanced 2018 at jeeadv.ac.in has been launched and is functional.
- According to the information mentioned on the website, ‘The Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) 2018 will be conducted by the seven zonal IITs.