JEE Advanced 2018 date: Through JEE, students get an opportunity to get admission into undergraduate courses, which will help in obtaining a bachelor’s, integrated master’s or bachelor-master dual degree in engineering, sciences or architecture.
JEE Advanced 2018: Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) 2018 information brochure has been released on the official website – jeeadv.ac.in. This 77-page notification/information brochure contains all information about the exam that is going to be conducted on May 20, Sunday. Through JEE, students get an opportunity to get admission into undergraduate courses, which will help in obtaining a bachelor’s, integrated master’s or bachelor-master dual degree in engineering, sciences or architecture. The performance of a candidate in this examination will form the basis for admission to in all the IITs. The exam will be conducted via computer-based test mode and will be conducted by the seven zonal coordinating IITs.
Here are some more details about the exam and other criteria of JEE Advanced 2018:
• BTech: 4 years
• BS (Bachelor of Science): 4 years
• BArch: 5 years
• Dual degree BTech-MTech: 5 years
• Dual degree BS-MS: 5 years
• Integrated MTech: 5 years
• Integrated MSc: 5 years
• Aspirants should have passed class 12 (or equivalent) examination for the first time in either 2017 or 2018.
• They should be among the top 2,24,000 (including all categories) in paper-1 of JEE (Main) 2018.
• Candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1993.
• Five years relaxation is given to SC, ST and PwD candidates, i.e., these candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1988.
• Relaxation in age will be given as per the norms.
Schedule of JEE (advanced) 2018
The examination consists of two papers (Paper 1 and Paper 2) of three hour duration each. Both the papers are compulsory. The examination will be held as per the following schedule:
Date of Examination Sunday, 20 May 2018
Paper 1 09:00 IST to 12:00 IST
Paper 2 14:00 IST to 17:00 IST
Aspirants can attempt JEE (Advanced) a maximum of two times in two consecutive years.
Mode of examination
• The JEE (Advanced) 2018 examination will be conducted only in the Computer Based Test (CBT) mode.
• Every candidate will be allotted a computer terminal (node) at the test centre.
How to apply
Step 1) Log on to the official website – jeeadv.ac.in.
Step 2) After login, provide the basic data and the choices of the cities for the examination.
Step 3) Add additional mobile phone number and an additional email id, in the respective fields.
Step 4) Upload the scanned copies of all requisite documents required.
Step 5) Pay registration fee
• Registration begins: May 2 (10 am)
• Last date for registration: May 7 (5 pm)
• Last date for payment of fee: May 8 (5 pm)