Indian Navy recruitment 2017: The Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala has invited candidates to apply for its flagship four-year Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC) programme with a BTech degree.
Indian Navy recruitment 2017: The Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala has invited candidates to apply for its flagship four-year Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC) programme with a BTech degree. The notification issued by the Academy clearly states that the programme is only for unmarried male candidates. While the applications are now open, the candidates can apply for the same only till November 30, 2017. Cadets of the INAC (BTech) course are subjected to the academic rigours of a carefully-structured syllabus spread over a four-year period. Students upon successful completion of their 10+2 scholastic system with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as their senior secondary electives, have to clear the national level entrance examination conducted by UPSC (twice a year) followed by the Services Selection Board (SSB) interview, which is a five day long comprehensive assessment of various officer like qualities (OLQ) or the qualities required to become a Naval officer.
Indian Navy 2017: Eligibility Qualifications-
- Interested candidates should have passed senior Secondary EXamination (10+2 pattern) or its equivalent examination from any Board with at least 70 % aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and at least 50 % marks in English.
- All candidates who appeared for the JEE (mains) 2017 examination earlier this year can apply to this programme. Call up for Service Selection Board (SSB) will be issued on the basis of JEE (MAINS) 2017 All India Rank.
- Minimum height of the candidate should be 157 cms with correlated weight.
- The minimum acceptable vision standard for distant vision is 6/6, 6/9 correctable to 6/6, 6/6 with glasses. Should not be colour/night blind.
- Permanent tattoos are not permitted on any of the body, however, certain concessions are permitted to candidates belonging to tribal communities/from tribal areas as declared by the Government of India.
Indian Navy 2017: Indian Naval Academy selection process-
- IHQ of MoD reserves the right to fix cut off for shortlisting the applications for SSB based on JEE (Mains) All India Rank- 2017. SSB interviews with shortlisted candidates will be scheduled at Bangalore/ Bhopal/ Coimbatore/ Visakhapatnam from Feb-Apr 18.
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed about their selection for SSB interview on their E-mail or through SMS as provided by candidates in their application form.
Indian Navy 2017: How to apply-
Step 1: Candidates need to register and fill application on the recruitment website joinindianarmy.nic.in
Step 2: Details are to be filled up as given in the Matriculate Certificate/12th certificate
Step 3: Fields such as e-mail address, mobile number are mandatory fields
Step 4: If any document is not legible/readable for any reason, the application will be rejected.
Step 5: Print one copy of the online application form and carry it along with original certificates while appearing for the SSB interview.