IMD jobs 2017: The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has started its recruitment application process for the Scientific Assistant on the official website ssconline.nic.in. The process started on Wednesday and there are over 1100 jobs to grab this year. The last date to apply for Scientific Assistant at India Meteorological Department is August 4, 2017 up to 5 PM. The applicants can apply for the job at the above mentioned website and should know that the application forms will not be accepted on any other website. The computer based exam will be conducted across India by SSC from November 20 to 27, 2017. The fee for the exam can be paid through chalan until 8th August 2017. The applicants will be allowed to pay the fee till 5 PM on the same day.
All the interested candidates should know that the Scientific Assistant in India Meteorological Department carries an All India Service Liability (AISL) which means that if selected, the applicant will be asked to serve anywhere in the country.
Eligibility for Scientific Assistant in India Meteorological Department Examination
1. The applicant should be 30 years or below in age as on 4th August 2017 but there is some relaxation depending upon various reserved categories.
2. The second criteria is that the candidates must have Bachelor’s degree in Science (with Physics as one of the subject)/Computer Science/Information Technology/Computer Applications or Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering from a recognised Institution/University or equivalent with minimum 60% Marks or 6.75 CGPA.
How to apply for the job?
1. Go to the official website ssconline.nic.in.
2. There you will see a link ‘Click to Apply’ under Scientific Assistant in India Meteorological Department Examination, 2017.
3. Register yourself on this link.
1. Application start date – July 18, 2017
2. Application end date – August 8, 2017
3. Offline Challan Generation End Date – 04.08.2017 (upto 05:00 p.m)
4. Payment Through SBI Challan – 08.08.2017 (upto 05:00 p.m)