Calm, cool and confident – here's the mantra to ace CBSE board examination.
Calm, cool and confident – here’s the mantra to ace CBSE board examination. With not even a week to go for the examinations to start, recent surveys reveal that most students are under pressure and stress and as the date nears, they find it extremely difficult to focus on their studies and spend plenty of time worrying. However, with a little bit of planning, students can combat this problem and put in an excellent performance during the tests. Here are a few tips for those feeling the heat:
1) Following the timetable: Students find it difficult to follow the timetable they have themselves made. A possible reason for it could be that the timetables students are making are more ambitious than realistic. Make sure your timetable has achievable short term goals and you are good to go.
2) Revision time: Some students complain that they do not get time to revise the syllabus before the exam, to tackle the problem, one can simply revise the entire syllabus by skip reading through the notes and just going through mock test questions and noting down the answers in points on the question paper itself. That would help the students save time, revise and also build confidence.
You May Also Want To Watch:
3) Outdoor breaks: Most students skip taking outdoor breaks and that is problematic. It is important that one takes outdoor breaks and remain calm for the preparation. Studies reveal that stress can hamper memory and to ensure that you retain what you learn, make sure you take outdoor breaks.
4) Parental pressure: Many students complain that they are under constant pressure from their parents. Now, this is for parents to understand it is mental support that their children need and comparisons and unachievable goals will only affect their student’s performance.
5) Abstinence from social media: Social media websites do provide instant gratification but it’s important to abstain from it and channelise your energy towards a relaxing activity that would also be helpful for your physical fitness. However, a judicious decision should be taken and going off social media completely is not really the answer.