Uttar Pradesh Budget 2018-19 LIVE updates: Yogi Adityanath-led Uttar Pradesh government has presented its second full budget after coming to power in the state in March 2017. A year before the Lok Sabha elections, Yogi government’s budget was expected to be a populist one with some big announcements for the stressed farm sector, jobs and infrastructure. In 2019, BJP will be banking on Uttar Pradesh to come back to power at the Centre once again. In the 2014 General Elections, the saffron party had won record 71 out of 80 Lower House seats in the state.
A day ahead of the Budget, a heated exchange took place between the BSP and some members of ruling party in Lucknow assembly on Thursday, leading to an early adjournment of the House. The heated exchange started after BJP’s Dal Bahadur Kori, a former BSP leader, made certain remarks against his former party and its leader during the Motion of Thanks. BSP’s Lalji Verma and Sukhdev Rajbhar raised objections to Kori’s remarks. However, Minister of labour and Employment Swami Prasad Maurya, who had also quit BSP after levelling serious allegations against Mayawati, came to the defence of Kori, leading to a heated exchange between BSP leaders and Maurya.
– Rs 22 budget announced for connecting government offices with e-offices. 22 departments have already been connected, says Yogi Adityanath.
– Rs 17615.29 crore budget for good roads and better connectivity. This is 22% more than the previous year, says CM.
– Rs 200 crore budget for people of ‘Mushhar’ caste, who until now don’t have any land in their name, under Mukhyamantri Awas Yojana. 1556 villages marked for this purpose, says CM.
– Yogi Adityanath says this is a balanced budgets, fiscal descipline has been maintained while making plans for youts, farmers, women and villages.
– Rs 29883.05 crore for taking electricity to each house. This is 54 per cent more than last year.
– Rs 11500 crore promposed for rural development, PM Awas Yojana; rs 1040 crore for National Tural Livelihood Mission; Rs 200 crore for CM Awas Yojana, Rs 1500 crore for National Rural Drinking Water programme, Rs 120 crore for State Rural Drinking Water Programme.
– Rs 100 crore to National Animal health and Disease Prevention programme. Rs 75 crore for Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyay Micro Dairy scheme; Rs 15 crore for Pt Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Animal Health Fairs in development Blocks.
– The budget has new schemes worth Rs 14,341 crore
– This year’s budget outlay is 11.4 percent more than last year.
– UP finance minister Rajesh Agarwal presents the budget. The budget outlay for this year stands at over Rs 4,28,384.52 crore
Uttar Pradesh Budget presentation will start from 12.20 pm in Lucknow Assembly.
Live:उत्तर प्रदेश सरकार का बजट 2018-19 #UPBudget2018 https://t.co/aQi86i7evS
— CM Office, GoUP (@CMOfficeUP) February 16, 2018
The state government had last year made special provisions in the budget to honour its poll promise of farm loan waiver. This year the BJP government is likely to emphasise on infrastructure development and employment.
It has been learnt while presenting its first budget after coming to power, the Adityanath government had a special provision of Rs 36,000 crore to honour its poll promise of farm loan waiver. Notably, Yogi Adityanath government had presented its first Rs 3,84,659.71 crore budget.
Finance Minister Rajesh Agarwal said that the Yogi Adityanath had come up with details of every rupee spent has come By February. The minister said that this is an unprecedented move by the state government in Uttar Pradesh. “We had made it clear that the next (instalment of) funds will be given when you submit the details regarding the earlier funds,” Agarwal said.
Finance Minister Rajesh Agarwal has revealed key details of the Uttar Pradesh Budget 2018. He underlined that Yogi Adityanath’s UP Government budget will be in the interest of all sections of society. The state government will focus on MSME, roads and power, he said.