Prime Minister Narendra Modi will embark on a 5-day visit to Britain beginning Thursday. Here are top 5 things on his agenda:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will embark on a 5-day visit to Britain beginning Thursday. “My visit is aimed at strengthening cooperation with a traditional friend that is not only a major economic partner of India but also one of the leading economic players of the world. India and UK are two vibrant democracies, which are proud of their diversity and multicultural societies,” Narendra Modi said in a Facebook post. Here are top 5 things on his agenda:
1. Deepen bilateral ties in a range of areas with a particular focus on expanding economic and defence cooperation.
2. Have lunch with Queen Elizabeth II at Buckingham Palace – an honour usually only accorded to heads of state
3. Deliver an address at the British Parliament. He will also address a reception at the Wembley stadium, expected to be attended by around 60,000 people.
4. Have wide-ranging talks with his counterpart David Cameron and both sides are likely to sign a number of pacts besides issuing an “outcome document”.
5. Expand defence cooperation and raise security issues. Defence manufacturing will be a prime focus of talks. There will also nbe deliberations on clean energy besides exploring ways to enhance cooperation in the fields of science, technology and education.