Invoking Mahatma Gandhi in his address at the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) here, PM Narendra Modi today said that 'one must care about the world one will not see'...
Invoking Mahatma Gandhi in his address at the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) on sustainable development here, PM Narendra Modi today said that ‘one must care about the world one will not see’. He put the speech in perspective by saying, “Today, we are here to decide on the new direction for humanity. ” Here are the top 10 points from PM Narendra Modi’s speech, which he gave in Hindi:
1. Top-most priority must be the eradication of poverty from the world.
2. Agenda 2030 is very important for the future and the world must begin to make a concentrated effort about things that affect the future generations.
3. 1.3 billion people are living in poverty in the world. Eradicating poverty is our most important mission. Even the poor deserve the right to proper education and developing life saving skills. He also said that ‘peace and development’ is linked to poverty eradication.
4. His government’s top priority was to provide housing to the poor and opening bank accounts for them.
5. World is talking about either “public sector” or “private sector”. We have came up with “personal sector” – individual enterprises constitute the “personal sector”
6. I hope that technology facilitation, technology innovation will contribute a lot to the development of the world
7. A global education program needs to be started so that future generations learn to form a relationship with Nature
8. We need to create a world where everyone feels safe, is respected and has opportunities to grow
9. The world is connected and dependent on each other. Our international partnerships need to be centred on progress of humanity
10. Sustainable development is the collective responsibility of all the countries; no nation can claim to be immune to any kind of challenges