Narendra Modi Russia visit: PM Narendra Modi speech made in a softer tone than he generally adopts abroad sought to take forward the India-Russia partnership that has been strong for decades and move it to another higher level in both economic and strategic terms. Here are the top 10 points that PM Narendra Modi address stressed:
1. We are moving towards expanding India, Russia economic ties: PM Narendra Modi
2. I have great respect & appreciation for our strategic partnership. It has been a source of strength & success for India: PM Narendra Modi
3. As I look to the future, I see Russia as a significant partner in India’s economic transformation: PM Narendra Modi
4. The pact to manufacture of Kamov226 helicopters in India is the 1st project for a major defence platform under Make in India mission: PM Modi
5. World must unite and combat terror without any discrimination between terror groups and target countries: Modi
6. Talks with Russia underway for setting up of 12 nuclear plants at two sites in India: Modi
7. Need to ensure stability in West Asia through dialogue: PM Modi
8. We are working towards ensuring best possible infrastructure in India… because of efforts of our government the economy has witnessed sustained growth,” he said, adding “we are committed to ensure a stable and transparent taxation regime, said Modi
9. India and Russia have a long history of cultural relations. And now we have a strong and reliable friend on the political and international arena –- Russia. Russia has always been with us in hard times. We have a strategic partnership, a true strategic partnership, Modi said.
10. I would like to express my condolences in connection with the recent developments in Egypt and Turkey, when a Russian pilot and innocent Russian citizens died. This was a great tragedy and the entire people of India were with Russia during these difficult moments, Modi said.