Across the world a new image of India has emerged. The old thoughts about India are going away, says PM Narendra Modi while addressing Indian community at SAP Center in San Jose.
PM Narendra Modi addresses Indian community at SAP Center in San Jose (California). He begins his speech by remembering martyr Bhagat Singh on his birthday today and moved on to Indian economy, saying that every research agency including Moody’s and World Bank agree that India is the fastest growing economy in the world.
Here are the highlights from his speech:
* It’s 28th September in India, today was martyr Bhagat Singh’s birthday, I bow down to him
* Today in the entire world India has a new identity, a new image. The old image has been forced down, and there is a reason
* Be it World Bank, Moody’s or any other research agency, everyone is saying India is the fastest growing economy in the world
* India is only nation which succeeded in its ‘Mars orbiter mission’ in just one attempt, look at commitment & capability of nation
* Brain drain can become brain gain
* E-Governance is easy, effective and economical governance
* Penetration of technology is immense. Everybody has mobile phones
* PM Modi explains the JAM concept. J = Jan Dhan financial inclusion program, A = Aadhaar unique identity card M = Mobile Governance
* Aadhaar has helped save subsidy wastage on 5 crore gas cylinders every month. Now subsidy only on 13 crore units.
* 30 lakh people have given up LPG subsidy in the #GiveItUp campaign.
* Across the world a new image of India has emerged. The old thoughts about India are going away
* Your fingers created magic on the keyboard and the computer and this gave India a new identity. Your skill & commitment is wonderful
* We would hear- we need to stop this brain drain. But India is Bahuratna Vasundhara, there will be many brains there
* Our Sikh brothers came here years ago & began living here. When Indian wanted freedom here too there was a movement for India’s freedom
* Jayaprakash Narayan ji who led the movement when emergency was imposed in India in 1975, studied from California, this is the bond we’ve shared with this place
* I am trying my best to live up to everyone’s expectations. Today, India is looked up to with hopes and dreams.
* It’s asked all around, who does 21st century belong to? It is being believed that the 21st century is India’s century
* I had assured you I will work round the clock for the well-being of the people
* I have faith in the nation because India is youthful. 65% of our population is under the age of 35
* Two main challenges facing the world are Terrorism and Global warming
* Terrorism is terrorism. There is no good terrorism & bad terrorism
* Direct Air India flight from Delhi to San-Francisco will fly thrice a week from December 02, 2015