Prime Minister Narendra Modi is visiting the tech capital of the world Silicon Valley to further his dream of 'Digital India.' Here he met Microsoft's CEO Satya Nadella, Google's Sundar Pichai and leaders of other tech giants.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is visiting the tech capital of the world Silicon Valley to further his dream of ‘Digital India.’ Here he met Microsoft’s CEO Satya Nadella, Google’s Sundar Pichai and leaders of other tech giants.
Modi pitched for a connected India in a new world where “Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are seen as neighbourhoods”. PM also urged some of the smartest brains in the Silicon Valley to take interest in his pet projects – Digital India, smart cities and Make India. Here are the top 15 points he underlined in his speech:
1. PM Narendra Modi: We recognize that a Digital India could not be built without bridging the digital divide. Like airports, we will also have WiFi at 500 railway stations, we are working with google on that.
2.PM Narendra Modi: From large corporates to young professionals in this centre of innovation, each can be part of DigitalIndia story. We will connect all schools and colleges with broadband, expanding our public WiFi hotspots.
3. PM Narendra Modi: Identified applications that would make governance faster by using the internet. Access also means content in local languages.
4. PM Narendra Modi: SocialMedia connects people on the the strength of human values and not identities. We must ensure that technology is accessible, affordable, and adds value.
5. PM Narendra Modi: After MyGov.in, we have just launched the Narendra Modi Mobile App. They are helping me stay in close touch with people.
6. PM Narendra Modi: I will now speak of mGovernance. That is the way to go in a country with one bn cell phones, growing at high double digit rates
7. PM Narendra Modi: Digital India is an enterprise for India’s transformation on a scale that is, perhaps, unmatched in human history. Farmers in Maharashtra have made a Whatsapp group to share farming tips and techniques.
9. PM Narendra Modi: See tech as a means to empower and as a tool that bridges the distance between hope and opportunity. In this digital age, we have an opportunity to transform lives of people in ways that were hard to imagine a couple of decades ago.
10. PM Narendra Modi: The pace at which people are taking to digital technology defies our stereotypes of age, education, language and income.
11. PM Narendra Modi: I have met many of you in Delhi & New York, on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & LinkedIn. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram are the new neighbourhoods of our new world
12. PM Narendra Modi: Since my govt came to office we attacked poverty by using power of networks & mobiles to launch a new era of empowerment.
13. PM Narendra Modi: The most fundamental debate for our youth is the choice between Android, iOS or Windows
14. PM Narendra Modi: California is one of the last places in the world to see the sun set. But, it is here that new ideas see the first light of the day.
15. PM Narendra Modi: Here on stage you see a perfect picture of India-US partnership in the digital economy.