Gujarat Budget highlights 2018-19: With the first budget after assuming power last year, Vijay Rupani led BJp government in Gujarat has tried to focus on the rural economy and health care. The budget also promises employment to youths and allocates substantially to boost the infra-structure.
Gujarat Budget highlights 2018-19: Amidst an Opposition walkout, Gujarat Deputy Chief Minister Nitin Patel, who also holds the finance portfolio, today (February 20), presented the state budget. This is the first budget of the Bharatiya Janata Party government led by Chief Minister Vijay Rupani. In the budget, Patel made a slew of announcements. Once again, after the Union Budget 2018, the state budget targeted the rural masses and the agrarian economy. It is also to be mentioned here that BJP suffered a set back in rural areas as the party lost a substantial vote share to the Congress during the state assembly elections last year.
Here are the major highlights of the Gujarat Budget 2018-19:
1. The state government announced the Mukhyamantri Apprenticeship Scheme under which youths will get Rs 3,000 per month with training.
2. Vijay Rupani-led BJP government promised crop loans at zero per cent interest and allocated Rs 500 crore for the same. In all Rs 6755 crore has been allocated for agriculture.
3. The Gujarat Budget also promises Rs 3 lakh per farm for setting up 12 milch animal farms.
4. In order to provide potable drinking water to the tribal areas, the government announced 10 new schemes and allocated Rs 2800 crore for the same.
5. In an effort to streamline the economically backward sections, the government made an allocation of Rs 506 crore in the budget.
6. Women and Child development also received Rs 3080 crore allocation. Further, Nitin Patel also announced a free cycle scheme for girls.
7. The government also promised employment generation promising 30,000 new recruitment in various departments of the government next year.
8. Coming to infra-structure, Nitin Patel allocated Rs 9252 crore for Roads and Buildings while Rs 5420 crore has been provisioned in the Budget for construction of affordable houses. An allocation of Rs 592 crore has also been announced for the metro train project in Ahmedabad.
9. After the Centre announced world’s largest health care scheme in the Union Budget, the Gujarat government has taken the mission forward allocating Rs 9750.50 crore for health and family welfare.
10. Vijay Rupani-led government allocated a whopping Rs 14895 crore for the Narmada, water resources, and water supply.
11. Remember Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s sea-plane ride ahead of Gujarat Elections? Well, a provision of Rs 30 crore has been made for sea plane services and the development of new airports in the state budget.
12. Giving thrust to the industries, the Gujarat government has set aside Rs 4410 crore for the same.
13. Nitin Patel also announced Rs 3641 crore for Social Justice and Empowerment.
14. Keeping the increasing vulnerabilities of the cyber-space in mind, the government also announced Rs 1 crore to start four new cyber crime police stations in Surat, Vadodara, Rajkot, and Mehsana.
15. The statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel also known as the Statue of Unity was also given an allocation of Rs 899 crore.