Cabinet briefing Highlights: The Union Cabinet today approved to extend Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Ann Yojana till November. Minister of Information and Broadcasting Prakash Javdekar said that the scheme is aimed at benefitting 81 crore people and will cost Rs 1.49 lakh crore to the exchequer. Last month, PM Modi said that the free ration scheme will be extended in the wake of increased demand for food amid the festive season. In another major decision, the cabinet minister said that around 1.08 lakh ready-to-live houses under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana will be given to migrant workers on rent in over 100 cities. Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar also announced a major decision in the field of agriculture. The cabinet has approved setting up agri infra fund of Rs 1 lakh cr, which will facilitate private funding directly to the villages and ensure last-mile connectivity. Besides, the Union Cabinet also approved for extending the contribution of both 12% employees’ share and 12% employers’ share under Employees Provident Fund, totaling 24% for another 3 months from June to August, 2020, as part of the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana (PMGKY) and Aatmanirbhar Bharat. In another major move, the cabinet has decided to infuse the capital of Rs 12,450 crore in the three Public Sector General Insurance Companies (PSGICs) namely Oriental Insurance Company Limited (OlCL), National Insurance Company Limited (NICL) and United India Insurance Company Limited (UIICL). Out of Rs 12,450 crore, Rs 3,475 crore will be released immediately while the balance of Rs 6,475 crore will be infused later.