The redeveloped Rani Kamlapati station in Bhopal is set to serve as both a transit point and a hangout for passengers. The station will house everything from food courts and coffee kiosks to sanitary vending machines and toy trains for children. Later today, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will flag off the 11th Vande Bharat Express train from this station.
“There are separate AC waiting lounges for women at the station. Platforms here are also equipped with sanitary vending machines. The station will also have cubicles for mothers to breastfeed their infants at the station very soon,” Mohit Somaiya, Additional General Manager, Rani Kamlapati Railway Station, told news agency PTI.
Here’s all you need to know about the station
- The renovated Rani Kamlapati railway station resembles a mini
mart, with amenities such as several waiting lounges, food stalls, restaurants, and retail stores
- Several food joints and cafes have been established at the two-story railway station, which has a food court on each of its two floors
- On the top floor of the station, there is also a clothing store and a kiosk selling traditional handicrafts
- It also features special facilities dedicated to women, such as sanitary napkin vending machines and a dedicated AC lounge only for women
- On the station’s ground floor, rest rooms with a capacity of 18 men and a separate female dormitory with a capacity of 15 women have been installed
- For the convenience of passengers, the railway station will most likely be linked to a nearby metro station
- The latest Vande Bharat Express train will travel 708 kilometres in 7.45 hours between Bhopal and the national capital