Delhi Budget 2016: The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government in Delhi on Monday presented an annual budget of Rs 46,600 crore for 2016-17 an increase of Rs 8,850 crore over last year.
Delhi Budget 2016: The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government in Delhi on Monday presented an annual budget of Rs 46,600 crore for 2016-17 an increase of Rs 8,850 crore over last year. Presenting the budget, Delhi Finance Minister and Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia said that the planned expenditure has been pegged at Rs 20,600 crore and non-plan at Rs 26,000 crore. “About 95 percent of the budget will be from our own resources, and only five percent will be provided by the central government. Of the total budget, Rs.36,500 crore will come from the taxes collected,” said Sisodia. Here are top 10 points to note about the Delhi Budget 2016-17:
1. Items on which Value Added Tax (VAT) is proposed to be slashed from 12.5 percent to 5 percent
* Sweets and Namkeens
* Readymade garments costing above Rs.5,000
* Footwear costing above Rs.500
* School bags costing above Rs.300
* Battery operated e-rickshaw, hybrid automobiles
2. VAT is proposed to be reduced from 20 percent to 12.5 percent on watches costing above Rs.5,000.
3. Threshold limit of luxury tax is proposed to be increased from existing Rs.750 to Rs.1,500 per day per room.
4. Total budget proposed for the financial year 2016-17 – Rs.46,600 crore.
5. Allocation for education sector – Rs.10,690 crore.
6. Allocation for health sector – Rs.5,259 crore.
7. Allocation for Delhi Metro Rail Corporation – Rs.763 crore.
8. Initial allocation for CCTV cameras across Delhi – Rs.200 crore.
9. Allocation for road infrastructure – Rs.2,208 crore.
10. Allocation for public transport – Rs.1,735 crore (plan outlay).
11. Allocation for women’s safety, security and empowerment – Rs.1068 crore.
12. Allocation for Mohalla Rakshak Dal for women’s safety – Rs.200 crore.
13. Allocation for water supply and sanitation – Rs.1,976 crore (plan outlay).
14. Allocation for Aam Aadmi Canteen – Rs.10 crore.
15 Allocation for development works in unauthorised colonies – Rs.300 crore.
16. Allocation for housing and urban development – Rs.2,466 crore (plan outlay).