BFSI advertisements rose 89% on TV during July-September 2020: TAM AdEx

By: |
Updated: Dec 07, 2020 2:53 AM

Among the BFSI sector, Muthoot Financial Enterprises emerged as the top advertiser on television with 14% share of the sector ad volume

Interestingly, digital witnessed only 20% growth in advertising volumes from the BFSI sector.Interestingly, digital witnessed only 20% growth in advertising volumes from the BFSI sector.

BFSI sector made a comeback in terms of advertising as the sector recorded a rise in all mediums– television, radio, print as well as digital– in July-September 2020 period when compared to April-June 2020, according to the data released by AdEx India, a division of TAM Media Research. Print recorded the highest growth in advertisements from BFSI sector, witnessing 2.7 times rise in ad space/publication, while television registered 89% rise and radio observed 59% growth. Interestingly, digital witnessed only 20% growth in advertising volumes from the BFSI sector.

Among the BFSI sector, Muthoot Financial Enterprises emerged as the top advertiser on television with 14% share of the sector ad volume, meanwhile Life Insurance Corporation Of India topped the charts in print and radio with 11% and 48% share, respectively during the period. Digital, on the other hand, saw ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company securing the numero uno position with 36% share of the ad volume. Across all four mediums, the top 10 advertisers added 66%, 73%, 33% and 86% share of ad volumes on TV, digital, print and radio respectively,

On TV, news genre emerged as the preferred genre for BFSI sector’s advertising as it accounted for 64% share of the sector ad volume share on television. Following this was movies genre with 17% share and general entertainment channels (GEC) with 12% share. Music and Infotainment trailed behind at 3% and 1% share, respectively. The top 2 channel genres on TV together added 81% share of ad volumes for BFSI during Jul-Sep’20. Prime Time had the highest advertising of BFSI brands with 33% share of ad volumes on TV with 20-40 seconds ad size being preferred by 66% advertisers.

In print, English newspapers accounted for 59% share of BFSI sector advertisements, followed by Hindi newspapers at 19%. Marathi newspapers claimed the third position wit 5% share while Gujrati and Tamil newspapers trailed behind with 4% share. The top five publication languages together added more than 90% share of sector’s ad volumes. Meanwhile, publication genre Business/Finance/Economy had 52% share of ad space in print, while the rest 48% was accounted for by General Int.

Maharashtra topped all the states with 19% share of the sector’s ad volumes on radio during Jul-Sep’20, followed by Gujarat with a 16% share. Unlike TV, radio registered morning and evening time-bands as the most preferred time for sector’s advertisements, with the band accounting for 44% share, each.

Interestingly, ad network transaction method captured 41% share of BFSI ad insertions on
Digital. Following this was programmatic/ad network and direct method which accounted for 25% share, each. Trailing behind was programmatic direct and programmatic with 5% and 4% share, respectively.

Read Also: Disney+ Hotstar collaborates with MediaMath to offer audience-based marketing

Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Facebook

Get live Stock Prices from BSE, NSE, US Market and latest NAV, portfolio of Mutual Funds, Check out latest IPO News, Best Performing IPOs, calculate your tax by Income Tax Calculator, know market’s Top Gainers, Top Losers & Best Equity Funds. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

BrandWagon is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest brand news and updates.

Next Stories
1Republic Day 2021: Here’s how brands are paying a tribute to the nation
2Urbane Media bags digital mandate for Denver
3Xiaomi India looks at education; rolls out #ShikshaHarHaath initiative