Suzuki Motor Corp has launched the new Suzuki Baleno, manufactured exclusively in India, at the Frankfurt Motor Show on Tuesday. We present here 5 points you must know:
1. Moniker: Suzuki has dumped names associated with their not so successful models like 'SX4' and even played around with the idea of renaming the Baleno to redefine its stodgy image and give it a sharper tinge. As with all things Suzuki (and by association, Maruti Suzuki) the recall value is strong in the public and 'Baleno' is a moniker that the company has not been able to ditch. Although the new model shares name with erstwhile premium sedan Baleno, MSI said “there’s nothing common between the two models. They are completely different.”
2. Launch: The Suzuki Baleno is expected to be launched in UK sometime in the summer of 2016 and the Indian launch was expected at that time too, but the carmaker is now expected to launch it in the sub-continent in just a few weeks. The Suzuki Baleno will be sold in the new premium NEXA dealerships.
3. Exteriors: The car incorporates weight reduction techniques which will help it meet rigorous size and weight credentials of compact cars. The car will also feature DRLs, projector headlamps, floating roofline and rear LED taillamp cluster.
4. Interiors: The YRA will feature a stylish cabin, spacious interiors and new technologies. Maruti Suzuki will be the first OEM in India to offer Apple CarPlay for its customers.
5. Engine: The premium hatchback from India’s biggest carmaker will be available in both petrol and diesel options. The petrol variant will be powered by a 1.2 litre engine, while the diesel one will have a 1.3 litre engine. Featuring a new-generation platform, new direct injection turbo booster jet engine.