The Itlian motorcycle maker Benelli on Friday launched its most affordable bike, the TNT 25, in the Indian market. The Benelli TNT 25 has been made available in two variants - Standard and Premium at Rs 1.68 lakh and Rs 1.75 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). At this price, DSK-Benelli's new 250cc bike will take on the likes of Mahindra Mojo, KTM Duke 390 and others in the segment.
Shirish Kulkarni, Chairman, DSK Motowheels said, "DSK Benelli is committed to create a thriving superbiking culture in India. To this end, we have launched a stunning bike that is now within the reach of many, without compromising on the experience,"
"After having received a phenomenal response for our line-up in India, we are certain that this offering from DSK Benelli's stable will also be appreciated with great enthusiasm by motor biking aficionados in the country.", he added.
Here are 5 things you should know about the DSK-Benelli TNT 25 -
1. Engine Specifications - Powering the DSK-Benelli TNT 25 is a 249cc, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine that comes mated to a six-speed gearbox. This engine is claimed to develop 28.16bhp at 9,000rpm and 21.61Nm of peak torque at 7,000rpm.
2. Price - To be assembled locally through completely knocked-down (CKD) units, the Benelli TNT 25 is priced in the range of Rs 1.68 lakh - Rs 1.75 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
TNT 25 Standard - 1.68 lakh
TNT 25 Premium - Rs 1.75 lakh
3. Styling & colours - The DSK-Benelli TNT 25 is an entry-level naked sportbike, and borrows its design cues from its elder sibling TNT 300. With features such as multi-spoke alloy wheels, sculpted tank, split seat and side slung exhaust, the TNT 25 certainly looks quite sporty. The bike also features a part-digital-part-analogue instrument cluster. The bike is available in two colours - White and Red.
4. Dimensions - Coming to its dimensions, the Benelli TNT 25 measures 2080mm in length, 1090mm in height, 805mm in width, and offers a ground clearance of 130mm. Kerb weight and wheelbase of the new 250cc bike is 150kg and 1385mm respectively. The DSK Benelli features a 280mm petal disc with a 4-piston calliper at the front, and 240mm single disc with a double piston calliper at the rear. It also features 17-inch alloy wheels. The TNT 25 is available with two tyre options - Metzeler or MRF tyres.
5. First single-cylinder engine bike from Benelli in India- Besides being the most affordable bike from Benelli in the country, it will also be the first bike from the Italian bikemaker to feature a single-cylinder engine.