General Motors India that hadn't launched an all-new vehicle for quite a long time, on Wednesday (October 21, 2015) rolled out the much-anticipated Chevrolet Trailblazer at a price of Rs. 26.40 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). The vehicle has come as a replacement for the slow-selling Captiva, and will now rival other body-on-frame SUVs including the Toyota Fortuner and Ford Endeavour.
If you are considering the Chevrolet Trailblazer as your next vehicle, here's a list of 5 things that you should know about it:
1. Though assembling the Trailblazer locally would help the company price it quite aggressively, GM has decided to launch the completely built up units of the SUV. And as a result, the vehicle is priced at Rs. 26.40 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
2. Powering the Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV is a 2.8-litre, four-cylinder diesel engine that produces 197bhp and the class-leading torque of 500Nm. This makes it way more powerful than its closest rival - Toyota Fortuner - that, powered with a 3.0-litre diesel unit, churns out 170bhp and 343Nm.
3. Transmitting power to the rear wheels of the SUV is a 6-speed automatic gearbox. Sadly, the Chevrolet Trailblazer is offered only with a rear wheel drive system and not the 4x4 like the Toyota Fortuner; and the company doesn't have a plan to bring in the 4x4 version of the car in near future.
4. With 4,866mm length, 1,902mm width, 1834mm height and a wheelbase of 2,845mm, the Chevrolet Trailblazer is one of the most spacious cars in its league. It also offers the class-leading ground clearance of 253mm, which is about 30mm more than the Toyota Fortuner.
5. The Chevrolet Trailblazer has all the bells and whistles that one expects from a premium SUV. Some of the key features are - Chevrolet's MyLink touch-screen infotainments system with Android and iOS support, 32GB internal memory reverse parking camera with chromatic LCD monitor, ABS (anti-locking braking system) + EBD (electronic brakeforce distribution) and dual airbags.