General Motors India that hadn’t launched an all-new vehicle for quite a long time, on Wednesday (October 21, 2015) rolled out the much-anticipated Chevrolet Trailblazer at a price of Rs. 26.40 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). The vehicle has come as a replacement for the slow-selling Captiva, and will now rival other body-on-frame SUVs including the Toyota Fortuner and Ford Endeavour.
If you are considering the Chevrolet Trailblazer as your next vehicle, here’s a list of 5 things that you should know about it:
1. Though assembling the Trailblazer locally would help the company price it quite aggressively, GM has decided to launch the completely built up units of the SUV. And as a result, the vehicle is priced at Rs. 26.40 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
2. Powering the Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV is a 2.8-litre, four-cylinder diesel engine that produces 197bhp and the class-leading torque of 500Nm. This makes it way more powerful than its closest rival – Toyota Fortuner – that, powered with a 3.0-litre diesel unit, churns out 170bhp and 343Nm.
3. Transmitting power to the rear wheels of the SUV is a 6-speed automatic gearbox. Sadly, the Chevrolet Trailblazer is offered only with a rear wheel drive system and not the 4×4 like the Toyota Fortuner; and the company doesn’t have a plan to bring in the 4×4 version of the car in near future.
4. With 4,866mm length, 1,902mm width, 1834mm height and a wheelbase of 2,845mm, the Chevrolet Trailblazer is one of the most spacious cars in its league. It also offers the class-leading ground clearance of 253mm, which is about 30mm more than the Toyota Fortuner.
5. The Chevrolet Trailblazer has all the bells and whistles that one expects from a premium SUV. Some of the key features are – Chevrolet’s MyLink touch-screen infotainments system with Android and iOS support, 32GB internal memory reverse parking camera with chromatic LCD monitor, ABS (anti-locking braking system) + EBD (electronic brakeforce distribution) and dual airbags.
Get live Stock Prices from BSE, NSE, US Market and latest NAV, portfolio of Mutual Funds, Check out latest IPO News, Best Performing IPOs, calculate your tax by Income Tax Calculator, know market’s Top Gainers, Top Losers & Best Equity Funds. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.