1. PV market has shown robust growth in the past two months, with year-on-year growth rate of 31% in September 2020;
2. There is growing adoption of electric vehicles in the Indian market: The EV market is growing rapidly, achieving a growth rate of 44% with about 1 million units sold in FY20;
3. The mid-SUV segment has shown the fastest recovery in the post-Covid-19 world: The mid-SUV is the only segment in PVs with a positive CAGR of 27% in post-Covid-19 sales (the combined April to September 2020 sales);
4. Sub-compact SUVs are gaining market share rapidly: A significant market share has been gained by SUVs led by changing consumer preferences and new model launches;
5. Emergence of ‘futuristic digital dealership’: The adoption of digital dealership is increasing due to the rising digital penetration and the current pandemic;
6. The increased preference for personal mobility will drive demand in the post-Covid-19 world: The pandemic and the lockdown has changed the mode of commute, with an increase of 37% preferring to use personal four-wheelers post-Covid-19;
7. New entrants like Kia and MG are capturing the Indian market rapidly: Market structures are being disrupted by new entrants. Competitive intensity in Indian PV market is likely to increase further;
8. New models offering alternatives to car ownership are gaining popularity: New models such as subscriptions are giving consumers the ownership experience without committing to a long-term loan;
9. Used car sales in India have shown robust growth despite slowdown in new car sales: The used car market has seen a resilient growth of CAGR 6.2% compared to new cars with a CAGR of minus 0.2% for FY16-20; and
10. Successful transition towards cleaner fuels led by BS6 rules: The Indian automobile market made a successful transition to the BS6 emission rules despite the pandemic in 2020.
(Data provided by Praxis Global Alliance)
Get live Stock Prices from BSE, NSE, US Market and latest NAV, portfolio of Mutual Funds, Check out latest IPO News, Best Performing IPOs, calculate your tax by Income Tax Calculator, know market’s Top Gainers, Top Losers & Best Equity Funds. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.