The much-anticipated TVS Apache RTR 200 4V has been launched in the Indian market on Wednesday (January 20, 2016) at the company's production unit in Chennai. Priced between Rs 88,990 - Rs 1.07 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi), the TVS Apache 200 will take on the likes of KTM Duke 200, Pulsar 200 NS and other bikes in the category.
Here are 7 things you should know about the TVS Apache RTR 200 4V in case you are planning to buy it -
1. Tweaked 'RTR' Platform - TVS Apache RTR 200 4V shares its platform with the RTR 160 and RTR 180, though the company has tweaked the platform to make it capable of handling a more powerful engine.
2. Bored-out RTR 180's engine - Powering the TVS Apache RTR 200 is a 197.75cc, 1 cylinder, air-cooled engine with 4 valves. The Apache 200's engine too is a bored out version of the RTR 180's powertrain, and is capable of churning out a maximum power of 20.23bhp at 8.5000rpm and 18.1Nm at 7,000rpm. Transmission option on offer is a 5-speed manual gearbox.
3. One of the fastest bikes in its category - The tweaked platform and a more powerful engine helps the TVS Apache RTR 200cc to touch the 60kmph mark from zero in 3.9 seconds, which makes it one of the fastest motorcycles in its category. The new TVS bike has a kerb weight of 148kg and offers a top-speed of 130kmph.
4. Several new features - Coming to its looks, the new TVS Apache RTR 200 gets LED daytime running lamps at the front, clip-on handlebar, split seats and LED-tail lamps. The bike also gets disc brakes both at the front and rear, multi-spoke alloy wheels with TVS tyres, and dual-channel ABS (anti-lock braking system).
5. 6 colour options - The Apache 200 has been made available in a total of six colour options - silver, black, matte black, white, red and yellow.
6. Dimensions - The Apache RTR 200 4V measures 2,050mm in length, 790mm in width, 1,105mm in height and has a wheelbase of 1,353mm. The bike has a ground clearance of180 mm, and offers fuel tank capacity of 12-litres.
7. Competitive pricing - Available in two versions - carburetor and fuel injection - the bike comes in the price range of Rs 88,990 - Rs 1.07 lakh, which make it around Rs 50,000 cheaper than its closest rival - the KTM Duke 200.