Honda's racing team registered a good start at the 2017 MMSC FMSCI Indian National Motorcycle Racing Championship with seven podium finishes, and now the Honda Racing contingent is set to take on the second round of the championship. The Madras Motor Race Track will host the National Championship and Honda One Make Race Championship this weekend, which will see participation from a total of 62 Honda riders. The National Motorcycle Racing Championship has four racing categories - Super Sport 165cc, Pro Stock 165cc, Stock up to 165 (Novice) and Stock up to 165cc (Girls). The Honda One Make Championship has three categories - CBR 250R Open Championship, CBR 150R Novice and Honda All Ladies Race.
Elaborating on the upcoming Round 2, Prabhu Nagaraj, Vice President, Customer Service, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. (HMSI), said, “Honda2Wheeler India has kicked-off the 2017 motorsports season in India with highest ever podiums finishes in the season starter. Honda riders are in their best form and we look forward to such phenomenal performance by them in the upcoming round as well. We are confident that our riders with their international learning’s and superior race machines are all geared up for intense racing action this season.”
Highlights of Round 1:
· 3 podiums in Super Sports 165cc: Rajiv S (1st –Race 1), Mathana Kumar S. (2nd - Race1 & 2)
· 4 podiums in Pro-stock 165cc: Mithun Kumar(1st Race 1&2), B. Aravind (2nd Race 1), Soorya (2nd race 2)
· Female riders push the envelope: Rehana Reya (Ryhana) romped home to an impressive with Shruthi N and Kalyani Potekar grabbing the 2nd & 3rd Podium respectively
· CBR 250R Open Championship: Honda sponsored ARRC rider Rajiv S. on fire, wins both races
· CBR 150R Novice Championship: Double whammy for Hyderabad boy Satya Narayana in Round 1