The 2018 Suzuki Hayabusa has been launched by Suzuki Motorcycles in India at a starting price of Rs 13.87 lakh. Now don’t go expecting an all-new Hayabusa, because that’s just not the way Suzuki does things. Although the 2018 version does get two new colours namely Pearl Mira Red/Pearl Glacier White and Glass Sparkle Black and will also be exhibited at the Suzuki Pavilion during the upcoming Auto Expo 2018.
Considering the Hayabusa retails for a pretty paltry Rs 14 lakh, and is among the fastest motorcycles on retail in India, it has garnered one hell of a fan base in the country. Which proves as to why the Suzuki Hayabusa was the first ever Made-In-India superbike.
Mechanically, however, the Suzuki Hayabusa will remain the same drawing power from it 1340cc in-line 4-cylinder fuel-injected, liquid-cooled DOHC engine. Which is capable of launching the Hayabusa from rest to 100 kmph in under 3 seconds. Making it one of the fastest hyperbikes in the world. For India, Suzuki Motors import the Hayabusa is imported through the CKD route after which they are assembled at the SMIPL factory in Manesar, Gurugram.
The 2018 Suzuki Hayabusa will be available in all Suzuki Motorcycle showrooms as of today at a price of Rs 13.87 lakh.
2018 Suzuki Hayabusa Specifications:
- 1340cc, four-stroke, DOHC, 4-cylinder 16 valves engine.
- 6-speed constant mesh transmission.
- Maximum power:197 hp@9500 rpm.
- Maximum Torque: 155 Nm@7200 rpm.
- Top speed: 194 miles per hour.
- 0 to 60 mph: 2.5 seconds.
- Idle Speed Control System to keep engine stable in different conditions
- Advanced fuel injection system from Suzuki for high combustion efficiency.
- Front Brakes: 2*310 mm discs, Brembo, monobloc radial-mount calipers.
- Rear Brakes : Single 260 mm disc with Tokico caliper.