• MORE MARKET STATS

Vainavi Mahendra

Articles By Vainavi Mahendra

67 Articles

MyTeam11 increases its marketing spend by threefold to Rs 30 crore in FY21

MyTeam11 claims to have recorded a two-fold rise in registered user base during IPL

MyTeam11, Vinit Godara

ASCI rolls the advertising code ball on the roulette wheel; will it win the game

ASCI on Tuesday introduced new guidelines to make real-money gaming advertising more transparent and safer

ASCI guidelines, real money gaming, ASCI

Gaana to continue to focus on Originals; aims to turn profitable by 2023

The music streaming platform claims to have seen 3x rise in subscriptions

While ad revenue accounts for 55% of the company’s revenue, the remaining 45% comes from subscription revenue

Why news channels may walk away unscathed from the TRP controversy

From advertisers pulling out to alleged TRP scams, news channels find themselves in the middle of a backlash

News channels, news channels controversy,

Ad volumes on TV on an up-swing on the back of festive season and IPL

As per analysts, even as volume of ads have increased, rates are still low at 25-30%

TV adex, TV ad rates

Automakers make a comeback to advertising; bets big on digital

Festive season contributes roughly to 25-30% of the annual sales for auto companies

Industry estimates suggest that automakers are among one of the largest advertisers in India, accounting for a tenth of overall spending

Brand Dhoni packs a punch; estimated to have earned Rs 120-150 crore this IPL from endorsements

Despite announcing his retirement, Dhoni has bagged the highest number of brand endorsements in IPL 13

Mahendra Singh Dhoni, MSD, Brand Dhoni

Open Sesame! say multiplex operators as viewers gear up to return to the big screen

Exhibition industry expects to be operational across the nation by November end in a new avatar, adhering to the government guidelines

Cinema Halls, Multiplex Operators. Exhibition Industry

How ENIL owned Radio Mirchi has built an array of ancillary services to boost its revenue

Besides building brand solutions, the company has also built a strong digital content arm

Radio Mirchi, Prashant Pandey, Prashant Pandey Radio Mirchi

Why brands advertised cautiously on coverage around late Sushant Singh Rajput on news channels

According to data, despite witnessing a 20% increase in viewership, English channels saw a drop in adex following Sushant Singh Rajput’s death coverage

This is not the first time in India when brands are being called out for aligning with noxious content on TV.

Why the deal between Viacom18 and Sony Pictures Networks India broke off

It is understood that Reliance wanted to retain management control of digital operations

It should be noted that the talks between Reliance Industries Ltd and Sony Pictures Networks Ltd started almost more than a year back.

Media-tech firm SyncMedia to end FY21 with net profit of Rs 6.25 crore while revenue to remain flat at Rs 21 crore

The company which claims to have worked with over 150 companies over the last two years expects an increase in its clientbase by 25-30% this fiscal on the back of digital acceleration

The company was supposed to expand operations to GCC countries and South-East Asia this year but the plans have been put on hold due to the pandemic.

IPL 2020: Not a lull moment as Star India bets big on subscription revenue this IPL

Star India saw a 20% increase in television subscription revenue in the first four months of the year, as per sources

The broadcaster aims to double its subscriber base on Disney+ Hotstar from the current 11 million by the end of the year.

NXTDIGITAL plans to consolidate presence in key markets; to bundle broadband with cable service

The company looks to earn blended ARPU next year from its broadband and cable service

NXTDIGITAL’s ARPU (company) from Tier 1 market stood at Rs 192, while it earned Rs 165 from Tier 2 cities, Rs 144 from Tier 3 cities and Rs 100 from Tier 4 cities.

Coronavirus Impact: Government relaxes production norms for films and television; cost to increase

From increase in production timeline to rewriting script, production firms are looking at an increase in expenditure

In June, certain state governments including Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu, released standard operating procedures (SOPs) for shooting of films and television.

IPL 2020: Pitching empathy; why sports marketing needs to look beyond driving sales

With the pandemic plaguing the world, why brands need to be extra cautious in their communication in the upcoming season of IPL

Brands have realised that their relevance in the life of the consumer goes beyond the product or service they provide.

At Rs 222 crore, BCCI’s dream shatters with a loss of 30-40% in central pool revenue

The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has signed a five month sponsorship deal with gaming firm Dream11, valued at Rs 222 crore

BCCI is expected to post a 30-40% decline in central pool revenue to Rs 3,700 crore this season as compared to Rs 5,000 crore, last season.

IPL 2020: Star India guns for a bigger IPL this year; to cash in on festive season

Star Sports which earned about Rs 3,000 crore from IPL last year, including Rs 600 crore of ad revenue earned by Hotstar -- is looking at earning more

Indian Premier League, IPL, IPL 13

Advertisers pin hope on esports but with caution

According to industry estimates, the nascent esports industry has witnessed 300%-400% rise in advertising and sponsorship post lockdown

online gaming, esports

How BBC grabbed eyeballs in India during the on-going pandemic

BBC recorded 179 million unique viewers on BBC.com during the pandemic while adding 18 million homes to its broadcasting kitty from India

BBC’s news channel saw a 33% - 35% spike in the distribution

Chinese Brands: How the advertising industry may lose Rs 2,500-3,000 crore amidst ban on Chinese products

Chinese smartphone makers such as Oppo, Vivo, Xiaomi and OnePlus spent a total of around Rs 2,700 crore on advertising in FY19

Vivo alone contributes Rs 440 crore annually to BCCI for a five-year deal for IPL title sponsorship that ends in 2022

Nextwave Multimedia to rollout out World Cricket Championship 3; looks to earn 50% revenue via IAP

As of now, in-app advertisements account for nearly 85% of the company’s revenue with IAP accounting for the remaining 15%

The company runs an online game called World Cricket Championship 3 which currently has 2.5 million - 3 million daily active users.

Coronavirus Impact: How film acquisitions will drive subscription for video OTT platforms

Disney+Hotstar recently launched a new tab ‘Multiplex’ on its app which will premiere Bollywood movies

According to industry sources, Disney+Hotstar bought Akshay Kumar’s Laxmmi Bomb for roughly about Rs 150 crore.

From mobile handset players to apps; what do Chinese brands need to do to douse the fire

According to Counterpoint report, in Q1, 2020, Chinese phone companies accounted for 50% of market share in India

chinese app ban, india china standoff

From Unilever to Starbucks -Facebook lose brands trust despite changing policy

As part of #StopHateForProfit campaign, brands have pulled the plug on advertising on social media

Coronavirus Impact: How listenership has changed for JioSaavn

The music streaming platform claims to have seen a spike in the second half of the day

Marketing is basically a bespoke plan depending on the addressable audience.

Coronavirus Impact: From Shah Rukh Khan to Ranbir Kapoor, Ayushmann Khurrana, Bollywood actors take 20-40% pay cut

According to industry estimates, overall production budget for films is expected to decline by 30-40%

Meanwhile, megastars such as Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar, among others who also co-produce their films are renegotiating the deals.
Advertisement
Income Tax Calculator, Budget 2019, How to Calculate Income Tax

 

Stock Market

Advertisement
Advertisement