In 2005, India had about 65 million TV homes of which about 40 million were already C&S connected. Responding to the rapid growth of television viewers, broadcast businesses of every stripe were accelerating launches in every genre.
Media measurement has been a part of the Indian media landscape for a really long time. All the way back to the 1930s in fact, when the Audit Bureau of Circulation (ABC) was born.
Sam Balsara, a wise and thoughtful observer and commentator on the communications industry, speaking at the Subhas Ghosal Memorial Lecture a few weeks back…
You know that old saying, right? Pay peanuts and…? Well, content rights are a strange market where you might pay a king’s ransom and buy a mangy cur.
Yes, I know. You spotted the pop culture reference immediately. No wonder. You are the supremely desirable English Speaking Market.
- Budget passed in Lok Sabha without discussion; Finance bill, Appropriation bill passed by voice vote
- Assam Budget proposes new schemes for women, education sector
- Assam Finance Minister to present first e-Budget tomorrow
- No fresh tax in Rs 41,440 cr Himachal budget for 2018-19
- Andhra Pradesh Budget 2018: YSR Congress to boycott session starting tomorrow
- Budget 2018: Opposition set to corner government in Parliament on financial scams
- Budget 2018: UPA’s and NDA’s starkly differing priorities
- Why universities need better budgetary support
- Budget 2018: Madhya Pradesh Assembly’s financial session to begin tomorrow