SBBJ Net Up 32% To Rs 159 Crore

New Delhi, January 27: | Updated: Jan 28 2003, 05:30am hrs
State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur (SBBJ) announced a 32 per cent growth in net profit at Rs 158.60 crore in the first nine months of 2002-03, while slapping notices on 441 defaulters to reduce non-performing assets further from 4.2 per cent till December.

The gross profit of the bank surged by 28.12 per cent to Rs 360.44 crore while its income grew by 9.19 per cent to Rs 1,307 crore. "Total deposits of the bank have gone up by 9.65 per cent to Rs. 12,587 crore while advances were up by 18.85 per cent to 6,778 crore," SBBJ managing director, N K Puri, said in a statement. The capital adequacy ratio of the SBI subsidiary imrpoved to 13.90 per cent till December, from 13.42 per cent in March 2002, he said.

PTI