Seeking to reach out to more people, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday addressed the countrymen over radio for the first time, giving a pep talk about how to shed despondency and use their skills for betterment and prosperity of the country.
Modi exhorted people to realise their own potential to herald an era of progress, “as the nation belongs to all individuals and not just the government alone”.
He also cited some of the interesting suggestions by people, include starting skill development from the 5th Standard, initiating special programmes to motivate specially-abled children, using more dustbins, banning polythene and making easier the registration of small-scale industries.
In his 15-minute address, he sought to motivate people to
recognise their capabilities and use them. Here are the highlights on Narendra Modi ‘mantra’:
1. Remember the tiger who forgot how to roar because it was reared by sheep? Recognise your inner strength
2. Only when you are ready to walk on your own will people show you the way
3. We will help you, but this country is yours, not that of the government
4. No one in the government worked on the Mars Mission, scientists did… have faith in yourself
4. Tune in twice a month, write to me, I have more to say