The GO Card allows cardholders to redeem their reward points as cash against any air ticket to any destination or stay at any hotel while they book their trips on MakeMyTrip.com. GO Card users can also earn up to 10 times more reward points on purchases made on MakeMyTrip.com.
At the launch ceremony, Meera H Sanyal, Country Executive, ABN AMRO was all enthusiastic about the partnership with MakeMyTrip.com. Seeking to tap the immense potential of online travel market, she said that the partnership is in response to the ever-evolving needs of valued customers.
She said, Customers are increasingly demanding innovative solutions that add value to combine leisure and business. More and more online booking is happening in India.
Relating the phenomenon to India Shining, she remarked, More and more Indians are travelling online in Shining India.
Some interesting observations were made during the presentation ceremony regarding the online travel industry. Though relatively a new phenomenon, India has emerged as the fastest growing travel market which is worth $20 bn. Out of which, online travel industry has a share of $5 bn.. Now, e-travel constitutes 50 pc of all e-commerce in India.
There were several factors which contributed to the success of online travel industry. With online bookings, customer has a lot more choices at his/her disposal. They can do the bookings at their own convenience.
The GO Card offers the following benefits:
1) A comprehensive range of travel related offers and solutions.
2) A discount of Rs 500 (on the basic fare) on the first air ticket purchased on MakeMyTrip.com with the GO card.
3) No surcharge on fuel purchased on the GO card.
4) An insurance cover of Rs 15 lacs for personal accident and a credit shield of Rs 50,000 in case of permanent disability or death of the cardholder.
5) Free access to MasterCard Clipper lounges at select airports in the country.