Here we look at the hard facts and where 'Bang Bang', 'Kick' and 'Singham Returns' stand vis a vis each other:
* Hrithik Roshan-Katrina Kaif starrer 'Bang Bang' was released on over 5,100 screens worldwide the first-ever for a Bollywood film. 'Singhham Returns' was released on over 4,000 screens worldwide, including 3,600 screens in India, 'Kick' opened in nearly 5,000 theatres, including 3,800 nation-wide.
* While 'Bang Bang' box office collections on first day were Rs 27.54 crore, Ajay Devgn-starrer 'Singham Returns' made Rs 32.09 crore on a non-holiday and Salman Khan's 'Kick' collected Rs 26.40 crore.
* 'Bang Bang' managed to become the year's biggest opening weekend grosser on the back of four-day collections as it was released on a Thursday. But if we consider a regular three-day weekend data, 'Kick' remains the biggest opening weekend grosser with Rs 83.83 crore, followed by Singham Returns' Rs 77.69 crore.
Here's a comparison chart on this year's best 3 films vs Bollywood's biggest movie 'Dhoom 3'
* 'Bang Bang' joined the Rs 100-cr club on the the 5th day of its release, just like 'Singham Returns' and 'Kick'.
* While Salman Khan's 'Kick' box office collections were Rs 127.03 crore, 'Bang Bang' managed to collect only Rs 109.49 crore despite 5-day holiday period. Singham Returns had made Rs 100.68 crore. Incidentally, 'Bang Bang' is the 7th Rs 100 crore film in 2014 and and 33rd overall.
* Looking at star attractions, Hrihik Roshan has powered three films to the Rs 100 crore mark, including one in Rs 200 crore club, till date. But the 'superhero' is definitely Salman Khan, who has humongous collections of seven films in this group. Not to be left behind, Ajay Devgn has also scored five times to hold the 2nd place.
* As far as leading ladies are concerned, Katrina Kaif, Hrithik Roshan's co-star in 'Bang Bang, has four films in the Rs 100 crore club. In compassion, Kareena Kapoor Khan ('Singham Returns') has five such films in her kitty, while Jacqueline Fernandez ('Kick') has three films in the exclusive club.
* Eid holiday fell within the first week of the release of both Bang Bang and Kick. Here also, Salman Khan's movie won hands down, collecting Rs 28.89 crore, while Hrithik-starrer did Rs 15.36 crore.
* At the end of Week 1, 'Singham Returns' box collections were Rs 112.59 crore, behind No 1 'Kick', which made Rs 164.09 crore at the domestic box office. Bang Bang looks to keep the No 2 position as it has already made Rs 119.8 crore from six days.
* With the business of 'Bang Bang' showing gradual decline, it's highly unlikely that the film will make it to the Rs 200 core club. This year, only Salman Khan's 'Kick' managed to enter the exclusive club in 11 days. 'Singham Returns', which is still running in some movie theatres, has so far collected Rs 140.62 crore.
* Big budget movies: 'Bang Bang' was made on a Rs 140-crore budget, while an estimated Rs 115 crore was spent on making 'Singham Returns' and a mammoth for Rs 150 crore on 'Kick'.