The entries by children from across India has crossed 1 million out of which Google has selected 12 finalists - the winner will be announced on November 12th in New Delhi.
The entries were judged in two rounds; first by a group of Art Schools, and then by our national jury comprising of celebrated cartoonist Ajit Ninan, Art Director at Tinkle, Savio Mascarenhas and the Google Doodle team lead, Ryan Germick.
Not just the participants, this time, the public will also get a chance to participate by voting for their favourite doodler online - they can choose one winner from each group. Online voting to pick the final winner has been ongoing from October 27 and will close on November 10.
Details of the finalists along with their doodles are showcased at: http://www.google.co.in/doodle4google/.
On the basis of the votes along with the ranking by a reputed national jury, the national winner will be selected from all the finalists. The winning doodle will be placed on the google.co.in homepage on November 14, National Childrens Day.
This year too, the D4G participants are grouped into three categories: Group 1 comprising students from Class 1 to 3; Group 2 with students from Class 4 to 6; and Group 3 with students from Class 7 to 10.
Here is the list of the 12 finalists from across India:
Group 1: class 1 to 3
1. Pranav V Chhatbar The Rajkumar College, Rajkot
2. Manasvi N. Gaikwad St. Xaviers High School, Mumbai
3. Sarvagjna Miriyala DAV Public School, Mumbai
4. Shaurya Jadon Model School, Faridabad
Group 2: class 4 to 6
1. Amna Firdous St. Anthonys Day School, Kolkata
2. V Sai Latha Rani - Sri Prakash Vidya Niketan, Vizag
3. Isa Chowdhury Model School, Durgapur
4. Reba Philip Pallikoodam School, Kottayam
Group 3: class 7 to 10
1. Joel Valentine Army Public School, Bengaluru
2. Vaidehi Reddy Army Public School, Pune
3. Samyak Singh Sharda Vidya Mandir, Bhopal
4. Y Sai Greeshma Sri Prakash Vidya Niketan, Vizag