Burdened with mounting dues from the existing customers coupled with an imminent threat over outbound call services to the US in the near future, CallWorld Technologies, an outbound tele-marketing call centre company, has decided to close down its operations.
Disclosing this at a press conference in Hyderabad on Tuesday, A Mallikharjuna Rao, executive director, SoftPro Systems said the company has invited private parties to take over the set-up, however, no response has been received as yet. Started off as a JV with a 50-member team during September last year to cash in on the call centre boom, the company increased its manpower substantially to 120 members on a two-shift basis in the next few months. However, the growth could not be sustained, as some of the major customers defaulted in making payments for months together, leaving CallWorld bleeding.
Mr Rao added that with no signs of recovery and with looming threat over outbound call services being banned following the proposed ban by US on outbound call services from October 1 this year, made it difficult for CallWorld to run the show.
SoftPro is scouting for prospective buyers to run the centre without closing down the entire operations. We are holding negotiations with a few other companies to revive the company, Mr Rao added.
SoftPro had invested funds to the tune of Rs 2 crore for 26 per cent stake in CallWorld Technologies. Frontlinesoft is holding a major stake at 49 per cent and the balance with some close associates, Mr Rao said.
The one-year-old CallWorld provides voice over telephone services to multinationals like AT&T, Master Card and others.