Amrit Bio To Set Up Ferro Alloy Plant In West Bengal

Kolkata, Feb 26 | Updated: Feb 27 2004, 05:30am hrs
Amrit Bio Energy & Industries Ltd (ABEIL), promoted by Amrit Projects Ltd, plans to set up a ferro alloy plant along with a rice husk-based captive power plant at Banakati in Bankura district of West Bengal, according to its chairman and managing director KC Dujari.

The ferro alloy plant would cost Rs 10 crore and the 10mw power plant Rs 35 crore. The company plans to borrow 60 per cent of the project cost from financial institutions, while the remaining 40 per cent from own sources. It will also appeal to the West Bengal Industrial Development Corp (WBIDC) for equity participation.