The United States President Donald Trump is set to nominate an Indian-American woman Manisha Singh to a key administration position in the State Department that would make her in charge of economic diplomacy, the White House said, as per a PTI report. The position has been vacant since January this year after Rivkin put in his papers following Trump’s swearing-in as the 45th president of the United States. Manisha who is currently the Chief Counsel and Senior Policy Adviser to Senator Dan Sullivan will replace Charles Rivkin as the assistant secretary of state for economic affairs, f her appointment is approved by the Senate. In case you don’t know who is Manisha Singh? Here is all you need to know:
1. Manisha Singh who holds a an LL.M degree in International Legal Studies from the American University Washington College of Law and a J.D from the University of Florida College of Law had completed her BA from the University of Miami at the age of 19.
2. She has the license to practice law in Florida, Pennsylvania, and the District of Columbia.
3. Manisha who comes from Uttar Pradesh had moved to Florida with her parents as a child. In of her interviews to Washington Examiner early this year, Manisha had revealed that she worked on broader foreign policy component in the office of Senator Sullivan.
4. The 45-year-old is a resident of Florida, Singh has served as the deputy assistant secretary of state in the Bureau of Economic, Energy and Business Affairs, and as an aide to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.
5. In the private sector, her experience includes practicing law at multinational firms and working in-house at an investment bank. She is now set to replace Charles Rivkin as the assistant secretary of state for economic affairs.