1. Paris attack: Man explains ‘moment’ after getting into taxi with Muslim driver

Paris attack: Man explains ‘moment’ after getting into taxi with Muslim driver

A New Yorker has descried "saddest moment" following a moving conversation he had with a Muslim taxi driver here following Paris attacks.

By: | Published: November 16, 2015 9:38 PM

A New Yorker has descried “saddest moment” following a moving conversation he had with a Muslim taxi driver here following Paris attacks.

Alex Malloy, 23, described “one of the most heartbreaking moments I’ve ever experienced in my whole life” when he got into a Muslim taxi driver’s car only to find he was his first customer in two hours – blaming the people of New York being too scared to get into his cab after the Paris attacks.

A conversation with a driver inspired him to speak out out against Islamophobia, following the horrific attacks in French capital on Friday night that left 129 people dead.

“For 25 minutes I had to tell this stranger, this human being like you and I, that he was not part of what was happening.

“He cried the whole way to my apartment and it made me cry too. He kept saying, ‘Allah, my god, does not believe in this. People think I’m a part of this and I’m not’,” Malloy wrote on Twitter.

“My cab ride home, was the saddest moment I’ve experienced as apart of the human race. Please, stop generalizing ppl,” he tweeted.

“Nobody wants to drive with me bc they feel unsafe. I can’t even do my job,” he wrote. “These are not our enemy’s. These are our friends, neighbors and allies…And they deserve nothing more than our respect and attention.”

At least 129 people were killed and nearly 200 others injured in a series of attacks targeting young concert-goers, soccer fans and Parisians enjoying a Friday night out at popular restaurants, in the deadliest violence to strike France since World War II.

amy
    Nov 17, 2015 at 12:44 pm
    every muslim is not a terrorist but yeah.... "every terrorist is a muslim"
      amy
      Nov 17, 2015 at 12:46 pm
      every muslim is not a terrorist but yeah.... "every terrorist is a muslim"
      1. Gruham Bendakaluru
        Nov 17, 2015 at 8:26 pm
        If this driver suffers so much on account of his religion, he has multiple option follow another religion. There is no dearth of religions across the world. He chose to remain a Muslim....and his religious leaders have brought about this sorry state of affairs to the followers of this religion.
          RW911
          Nov 17, 2015 at 8:47 pm
          Reading a particular 'holy' book and debating in front of him would have resolved the debate once and for all, instead of waxing eloquent over 'reverse sympathy'.
          1. Prashanth Budihal
            Nov 18, 2015 at 11:20 am
            Sad but cannot be helped. They have to clean their homes to get back their retion.
              Ved Anarish
              Nov 18, 2015 at 7:25 am
              Muslims believe life starts after death. For survival in earthly life they may pretend to distance themselves from murderous jihadis but actually they admire them. Have you ever read a spontaneous condemnation of any jihadi m slaughter from average muslim in any social media site?