Pathankot attack raises serious concerns: Cong
Tue January 05 2016, 6:46 pm
The terror attack on Pathankot air base raises security concerns for Punjab as the state is witnessing a sudden surge in such activities after being peaceful for the last 20 years, Congress leader Anand Sharma Said.
Further, with the incident coming on the heels of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s recent surprise visit to Pakistan to meet Nawaz Sharif, the party wondered whether he would take up the matter with his counterpart in the neighbouring country even as the ruling BJP said that the aim was to “constantly do the best” to deal with the situation.
“The first (attack in Punjab) was in Dinanagar in Gurdaspur and now in Panthankot, where our frontline security installation is located,” he said.
More from this section
- Yogi Adityanath on Firing at BJP leader Brajpal Tewatia
- Keshav Prasad Morya on Firing at BJP leader Brajpal Tewatia
- AMID TURMOIL IN STATE, LOK SABHA ADOPTS RESOLUTION ON KASHMIR
- VK Singh on Firing at BJP leader Brajpal Tewatia
- 4 killed from consecutive three blasts in Thailand's Resort
- A person demanded euthanasia from administration in Gwalior
- Police adequate security arrangements in Delhi on August 15
- Akshay Kumar charges 1 Crore per day for Jolly LLB 2
- POST SRK’S DETENTION, CONGRESS ASKS US TO STOP THIS HARASSMENT