Veerappan – Movie Review
Ram Gopal Varma is back with a film that charts the much publicized capture of the notorious dacoit Veerappan. Let’s find out if the great RGV has managed to recover any of his classic cinematic charm.
Veerappan is a film that concerns itself more with the actual capture of the dacoit rather than his entire life. A special task force is assembled exclusively for the capture of this notorious criminal who is widely celebrated as the most dangerous man in the country. He has managed to elude capture many times in the past but he has never been up against the likes of a determined cop played by Sachiin Joshi. Together with the help of a character named Shriya (Lisa Ray), they hatch a plan to trap and capture the elusive dacoit.
Ram Gopal Varma once again displays his uncanny love for wacky, all-pervasive camera angles. But that’s a good thing in this film where it really manages to evoke the action and drama. Cinematically the only jarring note arrives in the form of heavy, constant background score that really gets on your nerves by the second half of the movie. Compared to his recent flops, RGV seems to have recovered quite a bit of his classic charm here. The script may not win any awards but the action is quite compelling in the movie.
Once again, the actors of this RGV
More from video section
- Budget 2018 needs to address pressing issues of telecom sector; here’s why
- Budget 2018: How Modi government can deal with agricultural stress; these steps will help
- Budget 2018: FM Arun Jaitley may tweak income tax basic exemption limit
- Budget 2018 to focus on infrastructure, look at private capital to fund affordable housing
- Budget 2018: US tax reforms key factor in accelerating FM’s promise to reduce corporate tax rates
- Budget 2018: Modi government can smartly lift economic growth – here’s how
- Budget 2018: How Modi government can make 24*7 power supply a reality
- Make In India a slogan. Interest rates should have been lower by 100-150 bps: Ajay Chhibber, FICCI
- Budget 2018: 5 blockbuster income tax moves common man can expect
- Budget 2018: Sensex and Nifty may react to these key factors, say top mutual fund managers
- Union Budget 2018: Consumer durables makers seek import duty on imported items
- Budget 2018: Investment in banking stocks could be a good bet ahead of the big day
- Union Budget 2018: Real estate companies want these changes from Modi government on February 1
- Budget 2018: Common man’s ‘dream home’ can be realised if Modi government does this on February 1
- Union Budget 2018 to be pivotal for Modi government’s ‘Make in India’ and the manufacturing sector
- Budget 2018 expectations: Here is what insurance industry wants from Arun Jaitley
- Budget 2018: Narendra Modi government can reduce your income tax burden by taking this big step!
- Union Budget 2018: 5 digitization ideas that can make compliance easier for taxpayers