Everybody Avoided Alia Bhatt
Tue May 17 2016, 11:28 am
When Alia Bhatt’s first look from Abhishek Chaubey’s film Udta Punjab was released, several people had to do a double-take. The actor, who plays a migrant Bihari labourer in the film, was totally unrecognisable in her Udta Punjab get-up. And her look wasn’t without certain side-effects. Alia invited a lot of flak from people both within and outside the Hindi film industry. Actor Neetu Chandra had penned an open letter slamming Alia and Abhishek Chaubey for stereotyping Biharis in their film.
Alia also shared how her look made people avoid her on the sets of the film.
“When we started shooting, I walked on to the sets and I was avoided by all. Nobody realised that it was me. Suddenly, when I spoke to Chaubey, everybody realised and took five steps back. They felt they had made a blunder,” said Alia at the launch of the song Ikk Kudi from the film.
More from video section
- Budget 2018: 2 Minute Express Analysis
- Budget 2018: Touched upon all areas including pollution
- Budget is enterprising, focus on health, infra to help India grow
- Budget 2018: Focus of government back, it’s on ‘roti, kapda aur makan’
- Budget 2018: Expected announcements in terms of R&D in auto sector
- Budget is focused more towards farmers and infrastructure
- Positive Budget, focuses mainly on rural India
- Budget is progressive, proposals and rightly balanced
- Very balanced Budget with no populist announcements
- Budget passed in Lok Sabha without discussion; Finance bill, Appropriation bill passed by voice vote
- Assam Budget proposes new schemes for women, education sector
- Assam Finance Minister to present first e-Budget tomorrow
- No fresh tax in Rs 41,440 cr Himachal budget for 2018-19
- Andhra Pradesh Budget 2018: YSR Congress to boycott session starting tomorrow
- Budget 2018: Opposition set to corner government in Parliament on financial scams
- Budget 2018: UPA’s and NDA’s starkly differing priorities
- Why universities need better budgetary support
- Budget 2018: Madhya Pradesh Assembly’s financial session to begin tomorrow