Ranveer Singh Turns Rapper For Zoya Akhtar
Tue May 17 2016, 11:29 am
Desi rappers Yo Yo Honey Singh, Badshah and Raftaar are in for some stiff competition from Ranveer Singh. In the tentatively-titled ‘Gully Boy’, which is presently being scripted by Zoya Akhtar and Reema Kagti, the 30-yearold actor is set to play an underdog who rises from the slums of Mumbai to become a rapper with a heart and a voice that addresses Dalit oppression, street life, economic inequality and homosexuality. He even takes on corrupt politicians.
“The film is inspired by real life rappers like Divine and Naezy whose work has ranged from speaking about petty crimes in their respective Mumbai neighbourhoods of Kurla and Andheri to sharing stories about finding a voice and becoming activists. It is an extremely ambitious project and will roll next year,” reveals a source close to the development.
More from this section
- Yogi Adityanath on Firing at BJP leader Brajpal Tewatia
- Keshav Prasad Morya on Firing at BJP leader Brajpal Tewatia
- AMID TURMOIL IN STATE, LOK SABHA ADOPTS RESOLUTION ON KASHMIR
- VK Singh on Firing at BJP leader Brajpal Tewatia
- 4 killed from consecutive three blasts in Thailand's Resort
- A person demanded euthanasia from administration in Gwalior
- Police adequate security arrangements in Delhi on August 15
- Akshay Kumar charges 1 Crore per day for Jolly LLB 2
- POST SRK’S DETENTION, CONGRESS ASKS US TO STOP THIS HARASSMENT