ICC Champions Trophy 2017: Indian cricket team’s captain Virat Kohli addressed the media on Thursday after reaching England for the ICC Champions Trophy. During his address, Kohli said the team has no time to focus on security issues and added that he hasn’t seen anything disturbing on the streets either post the Manchester attack. “Don’t think as a squad you’ve time to focus on that; you understand that you are here for the tournament,” Kohli was quoted as saying by news agency ANI.
The Indian skipper added that the situation in England is not different from what he has seen in the past. “There wasn’t anything disturbing to see on the streets; nothing different from what I have seen in the past. That is very reassuring,” he added. Speaking about BCCI’s decision of asking applications for the post of Indian coach, Kohli said the procedure is being followed. “The procedure is being followed in the same manner, I don’t see any difference,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier in the day, BCCI invited applications for the post of Indian coach sending a reminder to Anil Kumble that he will not get an automatic extension after his current term expires at the end of Champions Trophy. “To ensure a fair and completely transparent process, a nominee of the Committee of Administrators (CoA) will oversee the entire process along with the Cricket Advisory Committee,” the BCCI release stated.
“A process has been followed. There is nothing unusual about it. His contract was getting over on June 20 and we had to have a coach by June 21. He can obviously apply again. Just to make it clear, that BCCI is very happy with Kumble’s performance. The coach will be chosen not by anyone in the BCCI. It will be done by Ganguly, Tendulkar and Laxman,” BCCI joint secretary Amitabh Chaudhary told PTI.