Rio 2016 Olympics Tennis: India’s Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna vs Samantha Stosur, Jimmy Peers – In one of the most important matches to be played today by the Indian contingent will be in tennis starring India’s big hope of going all the way to bag a medal – we are of course talking about Sania Mirza and Rohan Bopanna in the mixed doubles. Sania is a champion player in doubles; she has collected dozens of trophies from the top tournaments in the world. She has brought great glory on the country and herself individually. Now, she has the responsibility of doing her country proud by leading the way in Olympics. She is playing for India now. Rohan Bopanna is one of India’s top tennis players and he will need to provide all the power needed in the upcoming match with Australia’s Samantha Stosur and Jimmy Peers. These are experienced and strong players themsleves and as Oz has shown , its players are starving for success and will play desperately just to put their country on the medals map. That kind of dedication must come from Sania Mirza and Rohan Bopanna too – the pride of their country is at stake. They must play like demons to deny any chance of an Australian win:
Sania Mirza is not likely to be back on this Olympics stage again after 4 years; Rohan Bopanna may well be. However, that is not the question. What the pair must answer and answer in kind are the tough volleys that the Australians will be blasting at them non-stop. They must reply in kind and effect a memorable win today:
Rio 2016 Olympics: Tennis score:
* Stay tuned for the action as it happens – blow by blow
* A huge match, thrills and spill guaranteed expected today
* Both Sania Mirza and Rohan Boppanna have looked good together and are synchronising even better during play. Augurs well for the future well-being of the pairing.
* On paper, there is nothing between the pair. However, the Indians have a better pairing and in Sania Mirza a player who has won matches from impossible positions in top flight tennis. The same cannot be said about the Australians. As such, ADVANTAGE India.
* Sania Mirza and Rohan Bopanna duo have been seeded fourth at the Rio Olympics. What is required from them is simple – win three matches and earn a medal. Simple? If only things were easier. Having said that, they can win a medal by winning 2 matches even! Sania has crashed out of women’s doubles and same with Rohan (men’s). Mixed doubles is last hope for India at teh Olympics in tennis event.
You can watch the match here too:
Star Sports is providing live broadcast of Rio 2016 Olympics. This is the only Indian network covering this sporting event and all its 8 channels – Star Sports 1, 2, 3, 4. The high definition channels of these broadcasters will also live telecast the event. As far as the Online Live Streaming Of Rio Olympics is concerned then you can watch it on Star Sports by logging onto Star TV network’s Starsports.com and its streaming host, hotstar.com.