Wrestler Narsingh Yadav has been cleared by the National Anti Doping Agency(NADA) to compete in the Rio Olympics of 2016. The judiciary panel on his case was of the opinion that though his sample tested positive, the ingestion of the banned substance was an one time affair, that happened without his knowledge. He was found to be inncocent and was termed as a victim of a sabotage done by another competitor. The NADA panel has come to the conclusion that Yadav was not at fault but it was negligence on his part that cost him the failure in the dope test.
Yadav is to join the Olympics team to participate in the 74-kg category of Men’s freestyle quota. His failing of the dope test, earlier this month had come as a big blow to the Indian Olympics team. Yadav is being hailed as one of the serious medal contenders for India after Sushil Kumar had bagged medals in the last two Olympics. Yadav made his name with a bronze medal finish in last year’s World Championships. The player had earlier said that his food was spiked after which an FIR was filed against two wrestlers.
Earlier, Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) President Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh on Wednesday revealed the names of two junior wrestlers who are alleged to have spiked Narsingh Yadav’s food.
“We suspect Jitesh, who fights in the 75kg category, and Sumit. Both of them live in Chhatarsaal. And one of them has admitted to spiking Narsingh’s food. I can’t say on the conspiracy and can’t say whether they did this on their own or on someone’s asking. We cannot investigate this but we support Narsingh’s demand for a CBI inquiry,” Brij Bhushan had told the reporters.
Praveen Rana was named Narsigh Yadav’s replacement, in the case that NADA hailed him guilty.