England will travel to Bangladesh for their month-long Test and ODI series despite security and safety concerns in the country.
The development came after the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) and its longstanding security expert, Reg Dickason gave green signal to the country to proceed with the tour following their two-week visit to India and Bangladesh last weekend.
While admitting that safety and security of players and management are always paramount, England’s director of cricket, Andrew Strauss said they had received a thorough risk assessment and had been fully briefed on security commitments.
Strauss, however, said that they would continue to monitor the situation of the country throughout the tour, the Guardian reported.
Although selection for the tour will be made after the end of the summer internationals, Test skipper Alastair Cook is likely to miss the early part of the Bangladesh tour as his wife is expecting their second child around the start of the series.
The two sides will play three-match ODI series followed by two-match Test series, starting at the Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium in Dhaka on October 7.