fe editors picks News

DGCA allows in-flight use of mobile phones, tablets on flight mode

Latest DGCA move would put India on par with a handful of other countries which allow the use of mobiles while on board.

Flyers can now turn on their cellphones, tablets or laptops on 'flight mode' to work, play games.

Cell phone use driving spend to new highs, say Indian menSpiceJet’s Re 1 base fare offer nixed by DGCA
Yes Bank proposed a dividend of 80 per cent, or Rs 8, per share for 2013-2014.
Yes Bank Q4 net profit up nearly 19 pct at Rs 430 cr
Yes Bank income rose to Rs 3,013 cr compared to Rs 2,667 cr in same period in previous fiscal.

India faced maximum phishing attacks in 2013 in APAC estimated loss at $225 mn: Report

Globally, loss due to phishing attacks was $5.9 bn, significantly higher than $1.5 bn in 2012.

Set to enter big league, Bandhan to bank on core competence

With a loan book of about Rs 6,000 crore, Bandhan today has a network of 2,016 branches.

Google Inc extends reach into mobile apps with new ad feature

Google will allow marketers to run online ads that send consumers to a page directly inside an app.

Nissan pips Maruti Suzuki to become second-largest exporter

Maruti Suzuki exports dip 16% in FY14 on lower demand, to decline further in FY15
Ads by Google
Where apps matter: Don’t always settle for preloaded apps on Android phones
It is worth your time to go out there and look for apps that will make you maximise your phone's use...
Wipro shares slump as Q1 outlook seen below estimates
Wipro shares in fell more than 4% after company's IT revenue guidance was seen below estimates.
Tata Consultancy Services, Mitsubishi to form services company
TCS will hold 51% while Mitsubishi will hold the remaining 49% of entity.
New bank licence: Bandhan to start hiring in 3 months
Kolkata-based Bandhan is one of the two players picked by RBI to award new banking licences.
Malaysia Airlines passengers escape major tragedy after emergency on takeoff
Malaysia Airlines plane, bound for Bangalore, was carrying 159 passengers and seven crew.
India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
India Inc's Q4 results have coincided with general elections and resulting rally on stock markets.
Results to rule stock market amid derivatives expiry this week
Stock markets are closed on Thursday due to general elections in Mumbai.
Mutual Funds garnered Rs 54,000 crore in 2013-14
The policy is aimed at channelising household savings into equities and mutual funds.
South Korea ferry disaster: Prosecutors extend captain's detention as death toll mounts
South Korean prosecutors investigating last week's ferry disaster said on Sunday they wanted to exte...
NTPC frames new policy to weed out unprofessional vendors
NTPC ban would be deemed to have been automatically revoked on the expiry of the specified period.
TCS miles ahead of Infosys in retaining employees
In FY14, gross employee hiring at TCS was 61,200 while the net addition was 24,268.
How can Rahul Gandhi lead country when he cannot handle Amethi: Narendra Modi
He then cited a recent report in a US newspaper on Vadra's fortunes and said sarcastically he finall...
Lewis Hamilton wins third straight Formula One race at Chinese Grand Prix
Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton captured his third straight Formula One race with ease on Sunday, lea...
Tata Nano Twist XT: Car review
Nano Twist is the best thing that could have happened to the Nano in today’s times.
Is Padmanabhaswamy Temple gold being filched?
Discovery of gold plating machine inside temple 'raises a doubt of organised extraction'.
No-hire accords: Tech workers to use Steve Jobs evidence in upcoming trial
Workers allege top firms conspired to avoid competing for each other’s employees to avert salary war...
Competition, losses turning FIIs away from Jet Airways, SpiceJet
While investors have been pumping funds into Indian markets, aviation stocks appear to be exceptions...
Now, TCS profit all set to beat that of Reliance Industries
TCS numbers for FY14 stood at Rs 19,163 crore, short of Reliance Industries' net profit of Rs 21,984...
Continued: « | 1 | 2 | 3 | »