This is Airtel 4G smartphone priced at Rs 1399: Look at comparison with Reliance Jio Phone
Airtel 4G smartphone has finally been announced. Airtel has partnered with Karbonn Mobiles to roll out an affordable 4G smartphone to the market. The company said that it will be effectively priced near the cost of a feature phone. Airtel has said that it is only the first of the several partnerships planned with handset makers to manufacture bundled 4G smartphones. But will it be able to take on the already popular Reliance Jio Phone? Here is a quick comparison.
Under the partnership, the Karbonn A40 Indian is now effectively priced at just Rs 1399. Earlier the phone's market price was Rs 3499). The phone has a full 4-inch touch screen along with dual SIM slots. The Airtel phone offers access to all apps on Google Play Store, including YouTube, Facebook and WhatsApp. Meanwhile, Jio Phone (effectively priced at Rs 0) does not support Android/iOS applications. The Reliance Jio Phone comes with the company's own mobile applications.
The next batch of Jio Phones will start getting delivered to buyers from this date.
Airtel's 4G smartphone is bundled with a monthly pack of Rs 169, which offers data and call benefits. The customer needs to make a down payment of Rs 2899 for the 4G smartphone and make 36 continuous monthly recharges of Rs 169. The customer will get a cash refund of Rs 500 after 18 months and another Rs 1000 after 36 months, taking the total cash benefit to Rs 1500.
If you do not wish to opt for the Rs 169 bundled plan, you can get recharges of any value. However, to claim the cash refund benefit, recharges worth Rs 3000 must be done within the first 18 months (to claim the first refund instalment of Rs 500) and another Rs 3000 over the next 18 months (to claim the second refund instalment of Rs 1000).
Karbonn A40 Indian is a 4G smartphone that supports dual SIM slot. It comes pre-loaded with Airtel’s suite of apps like MyAirtel, Airtel TV, and Wynk Music. It is powered by a 1.3 GHz processor with 1GB RAM and 8GB ROM. The memory is further expandable up to 32GB via a microSD card. It is backed by a 1,400 mAh battery. It features a dual 2MP rear camera and there's a 0.3MP front shooter.
The Jio Phone features a 2.4-inch QVGA display (320 x 240 pixels). It has a dual-core processor which is either Spreadtrum 9820A or Qualcomm's Snapdragon 210. The phone has 512MB RAM on board and 4GB onboard storage. The microSD storage support is 128GB and there is a separate slot for this. The phone has a front camera which is VGA resolution, and the rear camera is 2MP. The battery is 2000 mAh.
This is a comparison between Airtel smartphone and Reliance Jio Phone based on specifications and features.
This is a comparison between Airtel smartphone and Reliance Jio Phone based on pricing and offers.
More from this section
- Job notifications you must not miss! From UPSC recruitment 2017 to SBI specialist officers, check list of vacancies
- India pays homage to policemen on Police Commemoration Day; Rajnath Singh lays wreath at Police Memorial; see pictures
- Thailand all set for royal five-day funeral ceremony for its late King Bhumibol Adulyadej; check out stunning pictures
- Narendra Modi in Kedarnath: PM lays foundation stones for 5 projects during Himalayan shrine visit; check splendid photos
- From NTCL recruitment 2017, ITBP recruitment to CMAT 2018 online application; here are the top jobs, education news
- Secret Superstar, Golmaal Again, Mersal box office collections: Aamir Khan, Ajay Devgn, Vijay, Ravi Teja in big fight; see who is beating whom
- Singapore’s Diwali themed trains are absolute visual treats; check out spectacular photos
- A day after Diwali, Delhi choked, wakes up to blanket of smog; take a look
- Diwali 2017 celebrations: From Delhi, Gujarat to Karnataka, watch amazing pictures