Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 comes to India to beat Apple, Samsung, OnePlus smartphones; know price, check out pics
Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 has launched in India, priced at Rs 35,999. Xiaomi announced the launch of the device at an event in New Delhi. The Mi MIX 2 features a 6-inch bezel-less screen and 18:9 aspect ratio. The smartphone runs on the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor. The device has a full ceramic body alongside an aluminium frame. After the launch of the Mi 5 in 2016, the Mi MIX 2 is the first flagship smartphone unveiled by Xiaomi in India.
The Xiaomi Mi MIX will be sold exclusively on Flipkart, and the company’s own website Mi.com. In India, Xiaomi has launched only the 6GB RAM (64GB ROM) variant in India and skipped the special edition versions.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 features: The Mi MIX 2 has an almost bezel-less 5.99-inch display, as there are minimal edges on three sides. On the bottom panel of the front side, there is a selfie camera. The phone, on an 18:9 aspect ratio, get a full-HD+ resolution of 1080×2160 pixels.
The highlight of the display is that Xiaomi has removed the earpiece giving the screen more area. Instead, the company has used a ‘hidden sound-guided speaker’. Similar to the iPhone X, even the Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 features the facial recognition technology.
When it comes to other Mi MIX 2 specifications, the phone features the Snapdragon 835 SoC clocked at up to 2.45GHz. Mi MIX 2 has a 6GB of LPDDR4x RAM.
In terms of camera, the Mi MIX features a 12-megapixel Sony IMX386 sensor with 1.25-micron pixels. It has a 4-axis optical image stabilisation, 5-piece lens, a f/2.0 aperture. On the front side, there is a 5-megapixel front camera. The mobile runs on a 3400mAh battery.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 price in India: The Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 India price is set at Rs 35,999. Xiaomi has just launched the 6GB RAM version of the phone, and it is unlikely that any other model of the device will roll out anytime soon.
The Xiaomi device will be sold on Flipkart and Mi.com in a preview sale on October 17. The Mi MIX 2 will be available from the first week of November. After this, you will be able to buy the device from the Mi Home stores and other offline partners, as well.
There are no major offers, currently shown on Flipkart or Mi.com. However, for the first time, Xiaomi has launched a 0 percent interest scheme for the EMI option in India.
More from this section
- Job notifications you must not miss! From UPSC recruitment 2017 to SBI specialist officers, check list of vacancies
- India pays homage to policemen on Police Commemoration Day; Rajnath Singh lays wreath at Police Memorial; see pictures
- Thailand all set for royal five-day funeral ceremony for its late King Bhumibol Adulyadej; check out stunning pictures
- Narendra Modi in Kedarnath: PM lays foundation stones for 5 projects during Himalayan shrine visit; check splendid photos
- From NTCL recruitment 2017, ITBP recruitment to CMAT 2018 online application; here are the top jobs, education news
- Secret Superstar, Golmaal Again, Mersal box office collections: Aamir Khan, Ajay Devgn, Vijay, Ravi Teja in big fight; see who is beating whom
- Singapore’s Diwali themed trains are absolute visual treats; check out spectacular photos
- A day after Diwali, Delhi choked, wakes up to blanket of smog; take a look
- Diwali 2017 celebrations: From Delhi, Gujarat to Karnataka, watch amazing pictures