iPhone X vs iPhone 8: 5 key differences why it is priced upto Rs 38,000 more
Slide 1: Apple iPhone X price in India starts at Rs 89,000 and goes upto Rs 102,000. Meanwhile, the price of iPhone 8 begins at Rs 64,000 and iPhone 8 Plus at Rs 73,000. So, what exactly is iPhone X offering more than the price difference is so huge? Well, the shadow cast by the premium device on iPhone 8, 8Plus is too big not only in terms of price but also in features and specifications. Check them out here. (Source: Reuters)
Display: While iPhone X, 8, and 8 Plus, all of them have the HDR10 and Dolby Vision playback, only the first one gets true HDR. This is achieved due to using OLED (Super Retina HD display) technology. Meanwhile, the other two have LCD displays with IPS. Comparing the contrast, iPhone X has 1,000,000:1, but iPhone 8 has 1,400:1 and iPhone 8 Plus has 1,300:1.
Battery: Apple never discloses the battery capacities of its iPhones. However, at the launch, it was revealed that iPhone 8's battery will last around the same time as iPhone 7. So, possibly the iPhone 8 Plus will have the same as that of iPhone 7 Plus. However, Apple said that the iPhone X is capable of providing 2 more hour s of power than that of iPhone 7. This may not seem much, but given the fact that iPhone X has more features to fuel, the battery life seems much better.
Rear Camera: If we look at the megapixels, all the cameras have 12MP lenses and the iPhone X and iPhone 8 Plus have a dual camera setup. However, Apple has introduced 2 key differences. In the iPhone X, both the rear cameras have OIS technology, but iPhone 8 Plus has only the wide angle camera with that feature. Since, the telephoto lens lacks the feature, it is a little vulnerable to shakes. Additionally, the telephoto lens in iPhone 8 Plus has a f/2.8 aperture, and iPhone X has f/2.4, which means there is more depth of field (DSLR like images) in the latter.
Portrait mode: It is the ability of a phone camera to take DSLR like portrait images. While Apple had launched it with iPhone 7 Plus with rear cameras, it has now brought it for the iPhone X front camera (TrueDepth) too. However, the iPhone 8 Plus, like the iPhone 7 Plus, still has the feature at the back. iPhone X also has Portrait lighting which can differentiate between your face and the background and light them accordingly.
FaceID, Animoji: iPhone X has an almost bezel-less display since it has got rid of the touchID and the Home Button. Now it uses dot projector, flood illuminator and infrared camera to read your face. You will have to use your FaceID to log in and make payments. It is attention aware too, as it is intelligent enough to not unlock the phone if you don't want it to. Meanwhile, the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus still have the touch ID. With Animoji, iPhone X will be able to track your expressions and transfer them to an emoji.
More from this section
- Rahul Gandhi Gujarat visit: From bullock cart campaign to drinking tea from a bowl, here is what Congress VP did during roadshow
- Kolkata Durga Puja pandal recreates Bahubali’s Mahismati Kingdom; check out stunning images
- Awesome! 22 kg gold saree for Goddess Durga in a London themed Kolkata pandal; take a look at gorgeous images
- President Ramnath Kovind offers prayers at Kedarnath temple, prays for India’s prosperity; see photos
- India vs Australia highlights 3rd ODI: Steve Smith’s side finally shows fight, but still ends up short of 300; Easy pickings for Virat Kohli and co
- Kuldeep Yadav: Top 7 interesting facts about India’s latest bowling sensation
- Narendra Modi Mann Ki Baat: Top 10 quotes by PM on third anniversary of his radio programme
- India vs Australia Live Streaming 3rd ODI: When and where to watch the match live online, TV Coverage
- Kolkata gets ready for Durga Puja; check out City of Joy’s some unique pandal themes